January 27, 2015

Google Docs Editing Support Coming to Android "In Next Few Weeks"

A Google blog article celebrating the number of businesses who have “Gone Google” teases Android (and iPad) users with a glimpse into the near future.  According to Google, we should expect to see mobile editing support within the next few weeks. This news is long overdue and bound to make a ton of you happy.  Many of our back-end files are are created and hosted with Google Docs.  Unfortunately, we’re not always tied to a PC.  (Android does that, ya know).  We look forward to this rolling out over the coming weeks!  How about you?

…Soon, mobile editing in Google Docs on Android and the iPad…Second, today we demonstrated new mobile editing capabilities for Google Docs on the Android platform and the iPad. In the next few weeks, co-workers around the world will soon be able to co-edit files simultaneously from an even wider array of devices…

1. reddragon72

hopefully this will also open up uploading to google docs. I bought extra storage for pics/vids/files and so far I can only upload pics to picasa and vids to youtube(which sucks BTW) but want to send vids and files to my docs for safe keeping of the originals. And yes creating and editing a doc is also great, but mainly uploading.

• Leo

Google is not responsible for your Motorola phone. Buy a Nexus One if you want to blame Google for your phone updates.

2. tudza

Wait a minute, you mean all this time people have been unable to edit Google Docs using their Android phones? Sorry people, that’s really lame.

Just yesterday I was reading an article about Google blaming the Safari browser on iPhones for their inability to edit Google Docs.

3. aprcoffee

As a BBerry user who has been strongly considering going Android, this news is very attractive. Our company uses GDocs regularly and we’d really like to be truly mobile, which requires being able to edit/compose new docs from a smartphone. Just another reason that Android is looking better all the time.

4. trytryagain

Wow, I have been dying to access, let alone edit, my google docs from my Android. Let’s hope next few weeks means tomorrow :0

5. waiting for google docs on my droid

When? … don’t tease us like that. … When?

Google indicated some time in October. Now it’s mid-November.

6. Consumer

Umm this story was posted September 20, 2010.

Its now mid July of 2011.

I need to cut and paste, why do I have to wait years for such a basic feature?

POST A COMMENT.