LG CEO Ousted Over Companies Poor Performance in Mobile Sector

South Korea’s LG released it’s CEO, Nam Yong, and replaced him with Koo Bon-joon on Friday. According to LG, Nam Yong had used poor management skills in directing the mobile department, so they released him. It’s actually somewhat surprising, considering that just over a month ago, LG boasted that they would have 15 Android phones by the end of this year. Overall, with their new Optimus line, it looked like things were looking up for them, but it seems their previous management needed improvement in order to reach that 15 devices goal, which is why I suspect they let Yong go.

It’s not very often that we see this kind of thing. Many manufacturers are blossoming thanks to Android, like HTC or Motorola. Heck, even Sony Ericsson is surviving, but it looks like LG is having a bit of a struggle. They seem to have lost their way, so to speak. Hopefully Koo Bon-joon can steer them in the right direction using Android.

Source Reuters

Justin Marden
Justin Marden 488 posts

I've been an Android fanboy since day one, but I've never had a chance to truly express my voice and be a part of the Android Community. When AndroidGuys starting accepting applications for interns, I saw my opportunity. I joined the AndroidGuys team and haven't looked back!

News Republic among first apps optimized for Google TV

Mobiles Republic has become one of the first developers to optimize their Android application around the updated Google TV experience.  Starting this week, those of you with Google TV devices

Boost Mobile to offer Android 4.0-powered Evo Design 4G

The no-contract carrier is set to offer an Ice Cream Sandwich experience in the mid-range HTC handset.

Evernote Update Adds Two Key Components to Skitch Feature

Evernote pushed out an update to their popular Android application this afternoon, adding two features on the Skitch side of things. Users will find that with the note-taking, photo-capturing experience

1. Mo
    September 20, 12:14 Reply

Company’s, not companies

2. Drew
    September 20, 18:50 Reply

I’m interested too! We need more manufactures out there making phones for android. I hate to fill like my choices are limited to a big three who have already shown that they will give updates if they feel like it or not. Competition is what we need.. come on with it LG!

3. tottyrice
    September 20, 21:24 Reply

UGH i just wish they stop making their cell phones looking like the F* iphones or so plain.

4. Nightly Business Report
    October 12, 10:18 Reply

Now LG moves to downwards,if quality is missing in his products.It just lapse from market earliest.

5. Mykalai Kontilai
    October 15, 08:08 Reply

Android has the same issue- multiple product offerings through different OEM’s and it seems to work well there.

6. Clocks All Around
    November 08, 02:39 Reply

LG aims to achieve leadership in speed and accuracy? They seem to be very sure that they will be the best product. Time will tell … I hope that the time soon.

7. Condo Target
    December 03, 06:44 Reply

It puzzled me why LG never had any relationship with T-Mobile. As far as feature phones go, I prefer LG over Samsung. Better reception & quality.

8. Ernest DiRico
    December 06, 03:39 Reply

I am quite interesting in this topic, well that’s really nice I look forward to seeing more Android phones from LG in the coming months. Can’t wait to see what they got up their sleeve.Thanks for the information on blog. This information made my study easier.

9. Alison Stubbs
    January 25, 04:24 Reply

Thanks again everyone for making this my favorite site on the web. Its a very unique and amazing place competition is what we need. Thanks again to LG released it’s CEO! You’re the man!