Here Comes Android 2.2 for the Droid X

Verizon appears poised to roll out Froyo to yet another Android handset. The Droid X will soon be joining the Droid, Droid 2, and Droid Incredible as an Android 2.2 powered behemoth.  Verizon has updated their support site with a PDF touting the goodies that come with the Froyo release.  Aside from the normal stuff (auto app updating, Flash support, etc.) you Droid X owners should look forward to improved 3G mobile hotspot, updated visual voicemail, and preloading of VZ Navigator. Rumors peg the update with a release this week… like tomorrow.

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6607 posts

Nexus One Dev Phone Out of Stock

The Android Developers blog is saying that all you people who rushed to buy unlocked Nexus One dev handsets have tapped them out!  Here is the quote from their blog:

Tegra Note platform receives OTA to Android 4.3, enhancements and bug fixes

If you own a Tegra Note 7 device, you should be seeing an update soon – if you haven’t already. NVIDIA announced earlier this week that it was releasing an

Sony not rushing to quad-core this year, looking at 2013

In the tech race, it’s generally numbers that the various manufacturers strive for. Whether it be more megapixels or a wider screen, the general rule is the bigger, the better.

1. Keefers
    September 21, 13:23 Reply

Quit jerking my chain! We have heard this crap before.

2. Kushtastic
    September 21, 14:26 Reply

Word. It better be a significant difference or ill be disappointed.

3. Kushtastic
    September 21, 14:28 Reply

I would copy that link to my browser but my droid x won’t let me do that :-[.

4. colin
    September 21, 14:30 Reply

will I get the update even if I downloaded the leaked 2.2

5. Dannyboy
    September 21, 18:03 Reply

Talk aboit waiting till the last second….

6. iy
    September 21, 20:06 Reply

Lucky fucks. I want froyo on my Sammy bitches

7. JaylanPHNX
    September 21, 21:20 Reply

Everyone thank Motorola for their Froyo updates. And remember, they left us Cliq/Cliq XT/Backflip users out in the MF’ing cold to do it. Be appreciative since you’re the customers they give a @#$& about.

8. Maddnezz
    September 22, 00:56 Reply

PULLING MINE RIGHT NOW I’M SO EXCITED…I feel like a little school girl.

9. David
    September 22, 07:44 Reply

Woke up, checked, downloaded, installed, and now running Android 2.2. So far, I have not really noticed the speed increase but my alarms (to wake up the kids) sound a bit louder. I also downloaded the new GMail (interesting) and Google Maps apps. Is the home screen’s option menu “battery management” new or did I miss that? It prompted me upon reboot that it was in “nighttime” battery saver mode. Also, there is a new radio (cellular, I read the boot steps like I used to with my T-mo G1), boot screen logo, and I still don’t know what the “device administrator” under “Location and security settings” means… Oh, is the sound settings-> volume different? I don’t remember the sliders being there but I am used to using widgets instead. The gallery is also faster to scroll and I never noticed the “hdmi” button in the top right when viewing pictures so I can’t say if that is new or not. Time to play…. Vroooommmmmm!

10. droid x man
    September 22, 13:15 Reply

I just went into my settings, about phone, and system updates. It offered me an option to update my system.