Nationite Announces Android-Powered Rocktab

We just received a press release from Nationite announcing their new Rocktab Android tablet. Now, before you start salivating about a hot new tablet with Honeycomb, a 20-inch screen and a quad-core Chuck Norris processor, we should warn you that the Rocktab doesn’t have any of this. It’s certainly no Galaxy Tab. Granted, it’s not bad with its 7-inch, 800×480 resolution resistive touch screen and Rockchip RK2808 processor, but it’s not going to blow anyone out of the water.

The Rocktab runs Android 1.5 (okay, not the best choice) and also features a trackball, WiFi, 3G, and a USB host. The best part? Fully-working (and legal. we’re looking at you, Augen) Market. The Rocktab isn’t made to be dazzling or show-stopping, that’s for sure. It’s made to be an entry-level tablet that offers good functionality at a great price. It comes in a 2GB version that will sell for $129.50. 8GB and 16GB flavors are also available, at slightly higher prices of course.

So, anyone have any interest in getting this tablet?

Justin Marden
Justin Marden 488 posts

I've been an Android fanboy since day one, but I've never had a chance to truly express my voice and be a part of the Android Community. When AndroidGuys starting accepting applications for interns, I saw my opportunity. I joined the AndroidGuys team and haven't looked back!

AT&T releases Android 4.0 update for HTC Vivid

AT&T’s 4.5-inch beauty is among the first in the U.S. to see an Ice Cream Sandwich update.

Huawei dials up 6.1-inch Ascend Mate 2 4G

Huawei on Monday announced the Ascend Mate2 4G, a 6.1-inch Android smartphone capable of supporting AT&T and T-Mobile’s LTE networks. Powered by a 1.6GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core processor, the

Android 5.0 gets last minute delay for HTC One GPE

HTC One GPE owners were super excited that they were supposed to get Android Lollipop today. Well, unfortunately it seems that they’ll have to wait longer, as someone asked on

1. dave
    September 28, 22:52 Reply

Color me intrigued. I watched the video included in the press release and found their honesty a bit refreshing.

For a lay-around-the-living-room type of device, which is what I want a tablet for, this might just be good enough. And $130, if that price holds, is impulse-buy territory for which I won’t get thrown out of the house.

I’m going to keep an eye on this.

2. John
    September 29, 00:38 Reply

Fair enough that the specs are low at that price, but there’s no excuse for Android 1.5 when 2.2 has been available for months, for zero cost to the manufacturer. I’m only in the market for something with power, but even if I weren’t, there’s no way i’d consider this. The company clearly doesn’t care about their product or their customer.

3. Julius
    September 29, 05:17 Reply

My requirements are 2.2 and capacitive screen with reasonable processor. Ideally would handle Xvid… For me a tablet will be for web and video. No need for mobile/cellular functionality – I can tether to my phone if I’m not near free Wifi.

I’m thinking maybe Samsung Galaxy or Archos 70 – anyone know of other devices fitting the above? (trying to compile a list pre Christmas :) )

4. AtomicDryad
    September 29, 23:22 Reply

No no no this is utter fail. The RAM kills it…128 megs on -any- android is painful, and your web browsing experience will be a crashfest. It’d much rather have 512 megs ram and 128 megs of -storage-

5. khush
    September 30, 06:52 Reply

if there is android 2.2 in the market then y should anybody take this tablet…

6. Nightly Business Report
    October 12, 07:29 Reply

Android guys n their power are well known,no doubt.Its to be a good thing to announce their powers on a big platform it increases their rating.

7. Mykalai Kontilai
    October 14, 13:51 Reply

I think it’s interesting the rapid, and frankly difficult to keep up with pace of innovation, that Android shows. 7 months ago the Droid was the hotness. 5 months ago it was the Nexus One. 2 months ago it was the Incredible. This month it’s been the EVO 4G.

8. Dawn Brandstrom
    October 21, 05:35 Reply

Damn…when I saw the headline I thought it was a challenge to developers to make an android Color me intrigued that actually doesn’t suck.

9. Alethea Stubbe
    January 17, 02:29 Reply

This device is akin to an affordable PC running Windows 95… I fully expect Android-powered toys flooding Kids Us soon. And does this have flash so you can play online games?

10. cottages
    January 21, 07:30 Reply

It’s made to be an entry-level tablet that offers good functionality at a great price. Great post, and great idea for an info site you have here.

11. Rick Stubblefield
    January 24, 02:42 Reply

The Nationite Rocktab is our economical Android tablet, that is an all round device that will not put a strain on your pocket book..Thanks

12. FX parts
    February 16, 05:24 Reply

It’s made to be an entry-level tablet that offers good functionality at a great price. It comes in a 2GB version..Thanks

13. iPhone Spare Parts
    July 12, 06:49 Reply

Nice one!! The Rocktab isn’t made to be dazzling or show-stopping, that’s for sure. It’s made to be an entry-level tablet that offers good functionality at a great price.

14. Anonymous
    July 29, 13:48 Reply

Yes ,it made to be an entry-level tablet that offers good functionality at a great price.
    That’s the great article! I just pass ‘n read it, two thumbs up!