Google Maps for Android Updated to 4.5.1, Weather Added to Live Wallpaper

Guess what? Google Maps just got updated to add weather to the live wallpaper. Noticed it on my market. Small update, but still pretty cool.  Using it right now and it seems like it will be useful.  Check out in the market folks! Let us know what you think!

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4641 posts

Sprint now leasing Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy S5 Sport

Sprint is one of the leading carriers in the United States, and today they have announced a new deal which might attract a lot of new customers. If you are

Sony Xperia X10 to Get Gingerbread

Good news for users who own the Sony Xperia X10 handset, according to a blog post on the Sony Ericsson Product Blog the handset is going to receive an update

Google+ v5.3 update brings visual improvements [APK Download]

Google+’s latest update brings a few tweaks and visual improvements to their communities section, implementing a design similar to what Google Play uses for an app page’s header. This is

1. R.
    September 30, 01:16 Reply

Got the update, too, but i can’t see no weather info…am I doing something wrong?
    Best, R. (HTC Desire, unlocked, Froyo, Germany)

2. Malcolmest
    September 30, 01:22 Reply

The only weather info I see is on my far left home screen. A little banner appears at the top as you go to that screen.

• R.
      September 30, 04:16 Reply

Ok…nothing to see on the Desire…but it really slows down my phone.

3. TreeToppNHB
    September 30, 03:02 Reply

Great concept, seems to take a little more of the battery away using the live wallpaper but not to bad. I cant get the weather info to come up unless I scroll all the way to the left then a banner drops down and retracts right away with the wrong city weather info. Any help with this.

4. MIKEEEEE
    September 30, 08:04 Reply

this is a truck driver’s dream.

imagine having a device that shows where the storms are in tornado alley in real time?

imagine having a weather map to consult when driving in possible icy weather?

it’s also a motorcycle rider’s dream too.

google’s weather overlay is tons better than weather channel or weather bug.

one more reason i dumped my cliqXT.

5. Sharma Vinay
    October 04, 15:17 Reply

I feel jelious, that it is for andriod not for symbian series, I will wait for that day when I will use this virsion.