Calling all Android users on Verizon!

Getting tired of being left behind for the next Android phones or are you like me and just want a new phone ever six months or so?  If so, check this out.  Verizon has just launched a new trade-in service for any phones from any carriers.

I just tried it out using my original Droid and the net was $52.  Not a ton of money obviously but every bit helps when working towards the newest device.  Verizon will send you a self-addressed envelop for the unit and upon receipt you will be shipped a Verizon gift card for the total amount.

Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 WiFi gettiing Android 4.1.2 in US

Samsung announced back in August that the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 will receive the Jelly Bean treatment ‘very soon’, and today is the day when the US version of Note

Android 5.0.1 (build LRX22C) has just launched in AOSP

While most of us are still waiting for Android 5.0, Google is busy updating things behind the scenes and they’ve just pushed out Android 5.0.1. This release is labelled as LRX22C

New Droid expected in Q4, report says

Last time we heard something new from Motorola, it was regarding the Project Ara. We were expecting to see a new smartphone from Motorola either at the CES or MWC,

• Rob
      September 30, 09:56 Reply

$52 for my old Droid? $8 for my BB Storm? Seems like you’d have much better luck on craigslist or ebay.

1. Chris
    September 30, 09:55 Reply

Sell that shit on Craigslist, there are lots of little teenie bobbers and people who broke their phones that will buy that stuff at retail!

2. Phone Nerd
    September 30, 09:56 Reply

It seems like there’s always cell phone companies who are looking for used cell phones – so it might pay to ‘shop around’ to see who is going to give you the most money. I found a couple of companies here – who will take cell phones and give you cash as well, no matter what cell phone carrier you have.

3. John
    September 30, 10:04 Reply

As a lot of people have said, eBay and Craigslist are far, far better options. I sold a two year old, broken BB Curve 8320, for $96…

4. Greg
    September 30, 10:04 Reply

They said they’d give me $20 for my touch 3g craigslist $100

5. Forrest
    September 30, 10:06 Reply

$120 for the Droid Eris?!? And only $72 for the Droid2?

6. Chris
    September 30, 10:06 Reply

But how can you get out of the existing contract? I tried to switch from Incredible to Droid X but the rep said I can’t do it. I am just using Verizon for the past four months.

7. Alan
    September 30, 10:08 Reply

Or you can sell it for $128 at http://phoneiscash.com. With the exception of my old iPhone 3G that went for more unlocked/jailbroken on eBay, I’ve sold all of my old phones to them. You won’t get as much for it as craigslist/eBay, but it’s zero hassle.

8. TheGeek
    September 30, 10:31 Reply

Yeah, this may be all well and good, but it doesn’t get me out of my 2 year contract with my Eris.

The website states:

Do not trade in devices that are to be returned under Verizon
    Wireless’ Return and Exchange Policy, Warranty, or
    Extended Warranty programs.

Doesn’t sound like they are letting people out of their contracts just yet.

@$%*&@# Verizon…

9. vitsdroid
    September 30, 13:02 Reply

It’s a huge rip off with verizon. Try gazelle.com they will give you way more for your droid. They also ship you a free box and you have an option of getting a check or into ur paypal. I sold my palm pre plus to them for more than I could have sold it net at ebay. Ebay and craigslist works too, but if you don’t want to deal with people gazelle.com was by far the best option. I hate it when companies like verizon charge up the ying yang for a phone and then rip people off who don’t know anybetter when they trade up. I bought a droid 1 on craigslist for $100 a few weeks back. Anyway there are way better options to getting rid of ur phone and getting cash.

10. JTHC
    September 30, 14:17 Reply

$81 for my Vibrant? Hahahahha

11. Haggie
    September 30, 16:20 Reply

You know how to spot a scam? When the “payment” is in the form of a gift card.

“We’ll give you money, but in a form that is rather difficult to access and hope that you forget about it completely thereby adding our profitability.”

Send me a check or piss off.

12. paxmos
    September 30, 22:28 Reply

What a rip off. My 3 weeks old Samsung Vibrant is estimated for $80 on Verizon site…highway robbery.

13. Lank
    October 01, 08:02 Reply

I find the comments here hilarious.

1.) Verizon is GUARANTEED going to buy your device. This means they are going to pay for it at a high percentage under value. It’s just like any scheme where someone will guarantee that they’ll buy your car or house….you’re not going to get NEAR what it’s worth. If you have the time, knowhow and patience, then CL or ebay is the way to go. Otherwise, this is a reasonably good program.

2.) Of course selling your phone doesn’t get you out of your contract. No one claimed it would. Throughout the course of your contract, you can have any and as many phones as you’d like…provided you pay full price for them or acquire them from some non-Verizon store.

I personally would never use this service, but I feel like many of you are jumping on the idea that it’s a scam…it’s not. It’s a program where they GUARANTEE the sale of your device, HASSLE FREE….that comes at a steep price.

But yeah, $140 for my Dinc so that I can get a DX for $570? Not happening.

14. Ben Pike
    October 01, 15:40 Reply

This is such a crock of crap.

Gazelle.com is offering double what VZW is wanting for my Droid.

15. Sid
    October 02, 15:02 Reply

This makes no sense. My Eris was appraised for $132. That’s more than the original price.