G2 Rooted, Sorta

Another day, another rooted device. Yes, you read correctly, the T-Mobile G2 has been rooted. But, before you go running to your local T-Mobile store to pick up a G2 and root it, we should point out that for now, this method doesn’t allow permanent root access. Meaning, that once the phone reboots, you lose your root privileges.

So, it’s not that groundbreaking or major news, but it’s good to see how quickly the G2 was rooted. Surely, the method will be changed so that permanent root access is attainable. Patience is the strongest virtue. We’re not sure if this will make up for those hardware issues or not, but we’ll leave that one up to you. If you want instructions on how to root your G2, check them out on XDA.

Source DroidDog

Justin Marden
Justin Marden 488 posts

I've been an Android fanboy since day one, but I've never had a chance to truly express my voice and be a part of the Android Community. When AndroidGuys starting accepting applications for interns, I saw my opportunity. I joined the AndroidGuys team and haven't looked back!

List of apps discounted to 25¢ to celebrate 25 Billion app installs

As we indicated earlier today, Google is discounting a number of Android apps and games to help celebrate their 25 billion download mark.  We’ve got a list of today’s titles

Entry-Level Motorola Phone Spied with Verizon Branding

Yet another Android-powered handset from Motorola has been unearthed.  The Verizon-bound WX445 appears to be a budget-conscious phone, reminiscent of the Palm Pre Plus.  According to an Engadget source, the

Who needs Black Friday? Amazon has two dozen Android phones for a penny each!

Who needs to wait until Black Friday to score an Android bargain when you can get some awesome deals today? We just stopped by Amazon Wireless to see what the

1. larry
    October 05, 22:41 Reply

The internal memory is a partition error in the indicator per tech support… flash update in the works

2. Nightly Business Report
    October 12, 06:51 Reply

I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THANKS TO POST THIS INFORMATIVE ARTICLE.I ALWAYS MAKE VISIT ON YOUR ARTICLES FOR GAIN INFORMATION….

3. Mykalai Kontilai
    October 14, 13:36 Reply

ok welcome to g2 now let see how it can stand upto the expectation of users

4. Italy Tours
    October 18, 07:35 Reply

I don’t think it’s groundbreaking or major news, but still it’s good to see that G2 is rooted quickly.

5. Mykalai Kontilai
    October 19, 07:32 Reply

After the Slide I was concerned about this as well, I kind of wanted to pre-order it but I decided to wait until it was confirmed as rootable and romable before I purchased.

6. Kurt Brandstadt
    October 21, 01:48 Reply

Great find! I know now internal memory is a partition error in the indicator per tech support…thanks

7. WebVisible
    February 20, 02:13 Reply

It’s internal memory is a partition error in the indicator per tech support.. But it’s really good to see how fast G2 can be easily rooted.

8. san diego desk
    April 28, 06:34 Reply

Rooting the G2 is like a woman with perfect boobs getting breast implants, its not neccessary. when i had my G1 it was needed, because it was limited physically, the G2 has no such limitations..

9. Its a drawback of G2 rooting that once the phone reboots, we lose our root privileges,Is any alternate is possible so please share…

10. bokshandschoenen
    September 07, 08:04 Reply

I hope definitely G2 have another alternate of rebooting otherwise the effect directly comes on sale..

11. kamagra bestellen
    September 08, 10:35 Reply

Thanks to share this valuable info that it’s not a  permanent root access otherwise I will root it and I  lose my root privileges,

12. ankit
    April 24, 06:09 Reply

we lose our root privileges,Is any alternate is possible so please share so as we can enjoy it .