Motorola CLIQ to See Android 2.1 Next Month?

Those of you who have stood by your Motorola Cliq, watching other phones pass by, get ready.  Your day is coming!  Android 2.1 is rumored to arrive at some point in the middle of November.  According to information obtained by TmoNews, T-Mobile is set to begin training their employees on the update come November 7 with the rollout expected shortly after.  Finally a bit of good news for early MOTOBLUR adopters, but don’t even begin asking about Android 2.2!

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6579 posts

Wallaby gets Android Wear support

Wallaby Financial is a mobile and web-based credit card service. Company’s Wallaby app was updated and it now supports Android Wear devices. Talking about wearables, Wallaby services are available on

LG intros 5.5-inch Quad HD display ahead of G3

LG have just announced that their new 5.5-inch Quad HD (or QHD) display will be released for the first time on their upcoming flagship, the G3. If you remember, the LG

Featured

Temple Run 2 races to 50 million installs in under two weeks

The endless runner has become the fastest game to hit 50 million installs, outpacing Angry Birds Space.

1. Erik
    October 15, 12:15 Reply

Umm right, this is about the 5th release date we’ve seen for a CLIQ upgrade. Do you believe it? I don’t!

I’m rooting my phone this weekend and going to 2.2. Motoblur sucks the life out of the phone anyway, I’ll be glad to get rid of it.

2. anakin78z
    October 15, 12:37 Reply

So, maybe this is a stupid question, but: Why 2.1? I mean, 2.2 has been out for what, 4 months now?

• Tim
      October 15, 16:58 Reply

Because Motorola is terribly slow. That’s why.

• Mark
        October 17, 23:39 Reply

And because the Cliq hardware likely can’t handle 2.2, or it can’t handle Flash which most people would look for with 2.2.

• B
          October 19, 03:49 Reply

It’s going to have Flash in it. Even with 2.1. Just like the Cliq XT has with 1.5

3. opiate46
    October 15, 17:00 Reply

Ahh…remember when this was supposed to be out in June? This was the phone that was supposed to save Moto’s bacon when they were doing so shitty. It’s good to see that they reward those who got it with lies and inattention.

4. RidoKilos
    October 15, 20:06 Reply

Nobody move…. You might scare it away…

5. demonpez
    October 16, 23:17 Reply

Motorola, this update schedule is a bunch of bullshit. I’m so glad i rooted my phone. I’m probably gonna root to android 2.2 and drop motoblur. dont need it anyway, clutters my home screen. Motorola, you suck.

6. BillJ
    October 17, 20:24 Reply

So glad that I’ll be recycling my Cliq for a new Windows Phone 7 on Nov 8th.

7. Toronto Debt Consolidation
    October 18, 00:12 Reply

I just bought Motorola dext Cliq mobile last month actually my big brother has to gifted me. when I used this mobile phone I really shocked to seen some awesome features of this mobile its look really sexy.