Verizon Announces Field Force Manager for Android
Verizon has announced an Android version of their Field Force Manger service for businesses. The location-based mobile resource management tool allows businesses locate, monitor, and communicate with their mobile field workers. Redesigned for Android, the FFM app features a new interface, barcode scanning, and search tools to help business in any pretty much any field including health care, transportation, and distribution. There will be two versions of the service, limited, and basic, both of which require a monthly fee.
BASKING RIDGE, NJ — Verizon Wireless today announced that the latest version of its mobile worker management application, Field Force Manager, is available for Android smartphones. Field Force Manager now allows customers to take advantage of Verizon Wireless’ extensive portfolio of Android smartphones to use the enhanced Web-based and handset business productivity application that offers location management, mobile timecards and job dispatch for their mobile workforces.
Field Force Manager on Android smartphones provides a significantly enhanced user experience to help drive adoption amongst mobile workers. With new features, including a redesigned user interface, and barcode scanning, Field Force Manager on Android smartphones helps businesses, ranging from transportation and distribution to mobile healthcare and business services, embrace the power of Android to meet their field workforce management needs.
Field Force Manager on Android smartphones offers the following enhanced features:
- New User Interface – Customers have the ability to use the phone’s touch screen for seamless navigation with intuitive icons to save time when navigating through the application.
- Powerful Search – Customers can use the search bar to find forms, locations and messages.
- Easy Touch Screen Access – A simple tap can add a job to the device calendar.
- Built-In Barcode Scanning – With the addition of a free download of the XZING Barcode Scanner application, customers with Field Force Manager Basic can use the phone’s built-in camera to scan 1D/2D barcodes and capture information instantaneously.
Available on all Verizon Wireless Android smartphones, Field Force Manager offers two pricing options – Limited and Basic – each providing a different level of features when added to qualifying voice plans. The following packages will be available for Android smartphones:
- Limited – Available for $15 per month, this option offers management of field teams, including details of current and past travel history.
- Basic – In addition to the benefits of the Limited package, this option, available for $20 per month, adds location-validated mobile timecards and basic job dispatch and, when combined with Google maps and navigation, offers driving directions.
Verizon offers wireless and wireline products and services that provide small businesses, enterprise and government customers in a variety of industries with the networking capabilities they require to keep their organizations running at top speeds today and in the future. For more information about Verizon products and services for business, visit www.verizonwireless.com/business.
You might also like
It gets harder and harder to stay on top of the Android phones coming down the pipeline. Even on its own, HTC makes it difficult on us to keep out
One of the best photo editing apps on iOS has made its way over the fence, and now Afterlight is available on Android. Boasting numerous filters and adjustable effects, together
Clever marketing or a typo? It seems like LG just confirmed that the LG G3 is on its way to market during their Q1 2014 earnings report published today, after