Yesterday, Vlingo Corporation, a top provider of intelligent voice apps, announced their “Vlingo InCar,” app/widget had arrived in the Android Market. After a short beta period, the app has come to all carriers so that users can stay hands free and focus on the road. Vlingo InCar is free and runs on any phone at Android 2.1 or higher although Vlingo recommends 2.2 for the best experience. Features, video, and more after the jump!
We're giving stuff away to help celebrate our tenth anniversary. Are you in?
Vlingo InCar features:
- Voice-driven, hands free initiation – Vlingo enters listening mode upon Bluetooth® connectivity
- Voice driven, hands free initiation using a “wake up word”
- Conversational user guidance instead of a touch screen
- Ability to send and respond to messages, make calls and get directions using only voice commands
- New “Vlingo Control” widget with a SafeReader skip control
- Bug fixes and performance improvements
Vlingo also handles plenty beyond the InCar features. Users can press the app widget and speak to have Vlingo:
- Send text and email messages
- Search the web using Google or Yahoo!
- Update Facebook and Twitter status
- Open built-in and 3rd party applications
- Speak into any application with the Vlingo Everywhere voice keyboard
- SafeReader – hear incoming text & email messages while you drive
- SuperDialer – one-click calling to an infinite address book, and reviews, maps and directions for any business.
- Foursquare – check in, connect with friends, or shout out an update on foursquare.