A minor software update is currently rolling out to Droid 2 handsets around the country. The Motorola (Version.2.3.20.A955.Verizon.en.US/BP_C_01.09.07P.) update is designed to improve a number of items including battery life, screen response, GPS location tracking and more. You can hit up Verizon’s support page for the Droid 2 if you’d like more help, but we’ve pasted the bullet points below.
- Improved battery life.
- Heightened proximity sensor accuracy to enable faster screen response.
- View the Weather widget in both landscape and portrait orientation.
- Simpler setup, improved user interactions, and better notifications for Visual Voice Mail.
- Background Email Sync during display inactivity for better user experience. Support for email domain suffixes containing more than three characters.
- Keep text messages organized with chronological in-box screen.
- Edit text messages after you’ve inserted a video file.
- Improved audio sound during recorded video playbacks.
- Stream Guided Tour videos on device in Help Center application with ease.
- Faster location tracking during GPS navigation.
- Faster transitions between Wi-Fi and 3G in data connection.
- New ability to add pictures from your Gallery to a contact.
- Export all your contacts to the SD card.
- View details of Social Networking contacts.
- VZ Navigator® is now preloaded on device.