MyTouch 4G Hits November 3rd

The MyTouch 4G is going to hit the stores on November 3rd for $200 after a $50 mail-in rebate. Consumers purchasing the device also get a 8 GB microSD card for storing all that media goodness.

The T-Mobile MyTouch 4G features a compact and well built design running Android 2.2 out of the box, it also supports carrier’s HSPA+ network and features Wi-Fi calling and mobile hot spot capabilities. The MyTouch 4G also has a 1GHz Snapdragon processor and a 5-megapixel camera which seems to be around the industry standard.
The phone will come in four colors: white, black, plum or red.
Although the handset is running Android 2.2, the myTouch 4G has a custom skin which is sort of a mash-up between HTC Sense and the myTouch skin we saw on the myTouch Slide. Like the Slide, you can customize your phone for your work life and for your personal life via widgets, homescreen apps, and wall papers.
The T-Mobile MyTouch 4G has a similar shape and look as others of the MyTouch family, but weighs more. Unlike the previous models, the MyTouch 4G features stainless steel parts and a soft-touch finish around the edges (only on certain colors) to give it a more solid/premium feel. Because of the “dress up” MyTouch 4G comes in at 5 ounces. MyTouch 4G is still thin and pocketable at 4.8 inches tall by 2.4
inches wide by 0.4 inch thick.
If video calls are your dream and you don’t have HSPA+ available in your city, you might want to hold off on buying a myTouch 4G until coverage is expanded. You won’t be able to make video calls over the network unless you have HSPA+ connectivity (you can still make them over Wi-Fi though).

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4641 posts

Amazon still readying a pair of smartphones, report says

Amazon is prepping a pair of Android smartphones, one of which goes by the code name of “Smith”, says TechCrunch. The news matches up with previous reports that the online

Official CyanogenMod Nightlies come to Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

If you have grabbed yourself a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 but wanted to enjoy the device with a stock Android experience then you’ll be pleased to learn that the

Sprint announces 70 new LTE markets; ends year with 300 cities

Sprint on Monday announced that there are 70 new markets with the carrier’s 4G LTE network. Having crossed the 300 city mark, the coverage doesn’t so much as expand as

1. David
    November 01, 23:14 Reply

I had a chance to look at this phone today in a T-Mobile store. First off it is not THAT compact. Thinner, yes, but it is bigger and heavier than the previous MT3G…. not sure about the slide since I’ve never touched one. I did not like how the phone was put together. It looks like some big mashup of an iphone + mytouch + galaxy. In comparison to the MT3G I currently own it felt completely weird to hold because of it’s size and weight…. It is a phone I’m not sure I’d feel comfortable toting casually for fear of it slipping out of my hand due to it’s weight. Also I did not like those 3 metal dots on the side of it. Yes I know they are for some type of dock or something but they just look strange. I’m not saying this phone is bad…….. I just didn’t like the looks of it myself…… but I do love a lot of it’s new features and will look for them hopefully in a better phone than this one.

• Theweakend
      November 02, 00:30 Reply

Are those hard or soft buttons on the bottom?

• jennifer
      February 21, 11:37 Reply

i thought the same but i am very happy with it , it is more like the 3g, as far as setup goes then the slide i absolutely hated the slide and the mytouch 3g is more slippery then the 4g i was constantly dropping the 3g one i have yet to drop my 4g, i wish they could have done this phone the size of the 3g and it would be perfect. but it is a nicer phone i havnt yet done video chat and i to was trying to figure out what the 3 metal dots were i had not seen them before on a phone i figured it was for one of those stone charger things

2. IGotOne
    November 02, 05:46 Reply

First of all, I have one. In the past, I’ve had more Android phones than you can shake a stick at. I can safely say that this guy is super fast. It’s heavier, yes. But it’s also rugged. Not Motorola DEFY rugged. It just has some substance to it, and is also super responsive.

The buttons at the bottom are definitely buttons, and not capacitive soft buttons. The front facing camera is awesome, allowing for video chat over the HSPA+ network. I’ve used and abused that privilege many times already. The quality of the transmission is awesome.

One thing I also needed to point out is that the 8GB memory card that came in mine is a Class 4 card, unlike the Class 2 cards that come installed in all other phones. This is a nice little perk.

Whether or not you have HSPA+ in your city, this phone will still fly. The processor and the 768MB RAM will not disappoint. So far, I’ve had no problems with the unit. My only complaint is that I wish it was raw Android, and not the HTC mySense UI.

• jennifer
      February 21, 11:46 Reply

mine has a class 2 in it, what is the difference

3. JaylanPHNX
    November 02, 07:43 Reply

It says video chat is over HSPA+ only, but can’t you just download qik and chat over wi-fi/3G? I mean, saying people should wait to get one until their area has the upgraded network is a little disingenuous, isn’t it? And wow, the phone is too heavy? The myTouch 4G is too heavy, the Vibrant is too light; is this a tech edition of Goldilocks and the Three Bears, or what? I take it the EVO (that battery-hog) is just right.

4. maytorr86
    February 12, 09:32 Reply

Will there be a Mytouch slide 4G in the near future???

• jennifer
      February 21, 11:44 Reply

probably not in this size it is too large but they will probably come out with a smaller version of a 4g mytouch