We’re going to see more and more tablets as the Holiday buying season draws near, and with that volume comes the separation that we already see in the phone market – the power user devices and the budget devices. Owning a Nexus one a few months ago was almost an elitist notion, and more and more high-powered devices have followed. The tablet market will follow suit. So let’s take a look at the high quality budget tablets coming to the UK this December from Creative.
- Creative decided to go all out, but also make the devices affordable. With a 7″ and 10″ device on the horizon, the Zii0 series comes with a host of features geared towards a home entertainment device. So far, we know they will have:
- The tablets use Android 2.1 and have Bluetooth capabilities, Wi-Fi connectivity and a ton of audio and video codecs.
- There is also a front facing camera on board, built in mic, an accelerometer and a microSD card slot.
- And if that is not all, there is also GPS, FM radio and a composite video-out connection.
- Both the 7-inch and 10-inch come in two different storage flavours: 8GB or 16GB.
Additionally we know Creative, being the audio geeks they are, are passing on some audio power. This is all because of the company using its audio X factor – named X-Fi Crystalizer, restores lost detail from CD ripping, and X-Fi Expand. It’s still only a resistive touchscreen, though the modified UI from Creative helps make navigation a little easier. Plus, while you can side-load app, the gApps suite will of course be missing, but for those tradeoff you can get them for £199.99 (7-inch, 8GB), £219.99 (7-inch, 16GB); £249.99 (10-inch, 8GB), £369.99 (10-inch, 16GB).
Available in December, it looks like Creative has put together a quality home theater add-on and an all around nice budget Android tablet.