We’re going to see more and more tablets as the Holiday buying season draws near, and with that volume comes the separation that we already see in the phone market – the power user devices and the budget devices. Owning a Nexus one a few months ago was almost an elitist notion, and more and more high-powered devices have followed. The tablet market will follow suit. So let’s take a look at the high quality budget tablets coming to the UK this December from Creative.
- Creative decided to go all out, but also make the devices affordable. With a 7″ and 10″ device on the horizon, the Zii0 series comes with a host of features geared towards a home entertainment device. So far, we know they will have:
- The tablets use Android 2.1 and have Bluetooth capabilities, Wi-Fi connectivity and a ton of audio and video codecs.
- There is also a front facing camera on board, built in mic, an accelerometer and a microSD card slot.
- And if that is not all, there is also GPS, FM radio and a composite video-out connection.
- Both the 7-inch and 10-inch come in two different storage flavours: 8GB or 16GB.
We're giving stuff away to help celebrate our tenth anniversary. Are you in?
Additionally we know Creative, being the audio geeks they are, are passing on some audio power. This is all because of the company using its audio X factor – named X-Fi Crystalizer, restores lost detail from CD ripping, and X-Fi Expand. It’s still only a resistive touchscreen, though the modified UI from Creative helps make navigation a little easier. Plus, while you can side-load app, the gApps suite will of course be missing, but for those tradeoff you can get them for £199.99 (7-inch, 8GB), £219.99 (7-inch, 16GB); £249.99 (10-inch, 8GB), £369.99 (10-inch, 16GB).
Available in December, it looks like Creative has put together a quality home theater add-on and an all around nice budget Android tablet.