Happy 3rd Birthday, Android!

Today officially marks the third birthday of Android and the Open Handset Alliance.  It also happens to be the third anniversary of AndroidGuys.  What a long way we have both come!  Well, one is better known than the other, but that’s okay with us.  We’re betting not many of you knew we started this little site out of the back of a T-Mobile store only a couple of hours after Google’s fated press announcement.

We’ve made some terrific friends and acquaintances over the years and have Andy Rubin to thank for that.  It has been nothing short of a pleasure to help provide a voice to Android and we look forward to many years to come!

While we wait for Gingerbread and Honeycomb, let’s have a piece of cake!

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6602 posts

20th Century Fox set to Bring Digital Copies to Android

I can’t tell you how many movies I’ve purchased touting “Digital Copy,” only to get it home and realize it doesn’t work with Android. The reasoning behind Android’s omission in

Hell Partially Freezes Over as the Moto Backflip 2.1 Rollout Begins.

As the title says, the wait seems to be over for owners of the Moto Backflip, as Engadget is reporting that the Android 2.1 update for said device is rolling

Day 10 of Google’s $.10 app celebration – Heavy Gunner 3D, Shine Runner, and more…

It’s the 10th and final day of Google’s “10 billion app downloads and counting” celebration. If you’re not familiar with the promo, Google has been discounting 10 apps a day

1. Eddie Android
    November 05, 00:31 Reply

Happy Birthday Android! But hasnt Android been out for 2 years (2008 G1) unless I missed something?

• shane0790
      November 05, 00:52 Reply

That’s the first device, but the source code was released in 07

2. Brent Klauck
    November 05, 01:54 Reply

Its been a good 3 years. Android has seen a lot of great improvements and growth. I can only hope that Google decides to give us something special today. :) Maybe a “sweet” announcement? 😛

3. Jay
    November 05, 03:09 Reply

I still rememeber opening the box for my G1… and not being able to put the phone down for weeks thinking “yeah there’s a great need to improve the software but man this is so much better than the stupid dash”….my g1 an I went thru a lot … 1.5, 1.6 a couple of Map updates (navigation!!) We were lovers everywhere I went she was there(maybe not everywhere…thanks tmobile) giving me directions or helping find the next movie showing for superbad…but like everything does it had to end…not that I was ready to let go…but I was realizing that I wasn’t in love with the outside and it was what was inside that matter to me…so I had to move on 2.2 just looks to damn sexy……

4. Ali Mostofi
    November 05, 03:46 Reply

Happy Birthday Android

Can we have it show Persian Fonts please, I can say this in Persian to you instead of English.

Tavalodet Mobarak

5. Alex Boag-Munroe
    November 05, 13:16 Reply

Android’s birthday is the same day as mine so it must be good. Happy birthday to both of us!