Happy 3rd Birthday, Android!

Today officially marks the third birthday of Android and the Open Handset Alliance.  It also happens to be the third anniversary of AndroidGuys.  What a long way we have both come!  Well, one is better known than the other, but that’s okay with us.  We’re betting not many of you knew we started this little site out of the back of a T-Mobile store only a couple of hours after Google’s fated press announcement.

We’ve made some terrific friends and acquaintances over the years and have Andy Rubin to thank for that.  It has been nothing short of a pleasure to help provide a voice to Android and we look forward to many years to come!

While we wait for Gingerbread and Honeycomb, let’s have a piece of cake!

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6579 posts

Yahoo! IM Updated to Include Voice Calls, Still Only Works on Evo and MT4G

The Yahoo! Messenger app gets an update that brings voice calls and landscape video calling. Unfortunately, it doesn’t add support for more devices.

E FUN Adds Two Capacitive Touch-Screen Android Tablets to Nextbook Line

If you’ve ever been over to NextBookUsa.com, then you have seen the NEXT series of netbooks. Now, they are expanding and adding two capacitive touch-screen models to its quickly growing line of sleek, lightweight Nextbook Android tablet computers.

No Contract 4G with Virgin Mobile USA, starting at $35 a month

I love it when Richard Branson gets a bug under his skin and sets out to prove everyone else he’s right and they’re wrong! Kinda “sticking it to the man”

1. Eddie Android
    November 05, 00:31 Reply

Happy Birthday Android! But hasnt Android been out for 2 years (2008 G1) unless I missed something?

• shane0790
      November 05, 00:52 Reply

That’s the first device, but the source code was released in 07

2. Brent Klauck
    November 05, 01:54 Reply

Its been a good 3 years. Android has seen a lot of great improvements and growth. I can only hope that Google decides to give us something special today. :) Maybe a “sweet” announcement? 😛

3. Jay
    November 05, 03:09 Reply

I still rememeber opening the box for my G1… and not being able to put the phone down for weeks thinking “yeah there’s a great need to improve the software but man this is so much better than the stupid dash”….my g1 an I went thru a lot … 1.5, 1.6 a couple of Map updates (navigation!!) We were lovers everywhere I went she was there(maybe not everywhere…thanks tmobile) giving me directions or helping find the next movie showing for superbad…but like everything does it had to end…not that I was ready to let go…but I was realizing that I wasn’t in love with the outside and it was what was inside that matter to me…so I had to move on 2.2 just looks to damn sexy……

4. Ali Mostofi
    November 05, 03:46 Reply

Happy Birthday Android

Can we have it show Persian Fonts please, I can say this in Persian to you instead of English.

Tavalodet Mobarak

5. Alex Boag-Munroe
    November 05, 13:16 Reply

Android’s birthday is the same day as mine so it must be good. Happy birthday to both of us!