Droid Incredible Handsets Receiving Software Update

For those of you toting the Droid Incredible from Verizon, be expecting an update.  This update will add on the V Cast Apps store (Don’t worry, the regular Market is still there!) and an updated version of Slacker Radio. There will also be updates for improvement with Yahoo E-Mail, Wi-Fi (for visual voicemail) and Google Maps. According to Electronista, the updates should roll out by the end of the week, and it’s being labeled as v.3.26.605.1.

What do you think of the V-Cast Apps Store? It is something that you’re looking forward to using?

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4627 posts

Sony “actively investigating” Android 4.1 for all devices

Sony is still working on bringing Jelly Bean to Xperia models back through 2011.

Android Device Manager updated with beefier security

It could be said –and it has– that Google’s location and wipe software doesn’t have the strongest of security options. The Android Device Manager, released late last year as Google’s

Sony ‘Sirius’ smartphone and ‘Castor’ tablet expected at Mobile World Congress

The flagship smartphone and tablet should debut in late February CES 2014 is not even halfway in the books and yet we’re already looking ahead to the next big event.

1. Tyler
    November 12, 15:49 Reply

No update here yet. Does that mean it’s going to install Slacker for me? Cause I dunno if I want it…

2. thisupdatesucks!!!
    November 12, 17:20 Reply

I did the update this morning and my battery life today was ABYSMAL even though I used my phone less than I have in weeks. I have also noticed the phone being very hot to the touch and the UI has frozen several times. Confirmed with my wife and sister and both of their DI’s have been doing the same since updating.

DO NOT DO THIS UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!

3. Chris
    November 12, 18:01 Reply

Here no update from Verizon, who did the same with the first Froyo update. I wish Google will take over the software updates, Verizon is ridiculous. But with the previous comment, glad I didn’t get the update.

4. seamus
    November 12, 21:41 Reply

Got the update this morning, no pro’s or cons to mention except the format/setup of the Verizon app store sucks, won’t be using it

5. Brian
    November 13, 06:08 Reply

I am rooted using unrevoked. What will this update do to my phone? Will I be able to reroot?

6. ryan
    November 13, 10:42 Reply

I did the update and now none of my internet based apps are working. Any suggestions?

7. Kwame
    November 13, 12:30 Reply

update happen at midnight last night

8. Jason
    November 13, 14:55 Reply

Started having email issues yesterday as no new email would downloaded. Installed update and email problems continued. Also, phone does not ring unless screen is unlocked. Have to do a battery pull several times in a row to restore functionality to the phone. Had an issue yesterday with internet based apps and viewing websites as well. It seems like data service to the phone is intermittently cut off.