You Tell Us: What is AT&T’s Best Android Handset For the Money?
As we head into the new year and a slew of new Android goodies, we’d like to start reflecting on the current crop of phones. We’ll be taking the next few days and weeks to gauge our readers’ opinions on handsets and carriers as they pertain to Android. To kick things off, we’d like to know which Android-based smart phones are the best value for AT&T.
Is it the new Android 2.1-powered Motorola Bravo or perhaps the Galaxy S series Captivate? Maybe you have a soft spot for the Backflip. Okay, maybe not.
Hit the poll below with your vote and then head into the comments section. Why did you pick that particular device?
Need a little help figuring out which phone is which? We’ve listed a handful of specs and prices to aid you in your decision.
- Motorola Bravo – Android 2.1, 3.7-inch screen, 3 megapixel camera, TI OMAP3610 800MHz processor, 2GB internal memory ($139.99)
- Motorola Flipside – Android 2.1, 3.1-inch touch screen, sliding QWERTY, 3 megapixel camera, TI OMAP3410 720 MHz processor, 512MB RAM ($99.99)
- Motorola Flipout – Android 2.1, 2.8-inch screen, 3 megapixel camera, TI OMAP3410 720 MHz processor, 512MB RAM ($79.99)
- Motorola Backflip – Android 2.1, 3.1-inch screen, 5 megapixel camera, Qualcomm MSM7200A 528MHz processor, 256MB RAM, ($49.99)
- Samsung Captivate – Android 2.1, 4-inch screen, 5 megapixel camera, 1GHz Hummingbird processor, 16GB internal memory, ($199.99)
- Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 (AT&T) – Android 1.6, 4-inch screen, 8.1 megapixel camera, 1GHz Snapdragon processor, 400MB internal memory ($99.99)
You might also like
Expect an announcement that “4.1 is due in the coming weeks” at Google I/O.
Rumors surfaced late yesterday evening that Nuance had acquired Swype for an amount said to be in the ballpark of $100 million. First uncovered by Uncrunched and then later confirmed
If you’re a customer of the un-carrier and are yearning for a new Nexus device, we have some information you need to hear. A highly placed T-Mobile employee gave us