March 27, 2015

Nexus One Rumored to be Receiving Gingerbread RIGHT NOW (Update, No It Isn't)

We cannot confirm this 100 percent on our end, but rumors are circulating that the Nexus One is already getting the Gingerbread update today.  We’ll definitely let you know for certain once we gather more information, but this news is likely going to make a lot of you guys happy campers.  Obviously not everything is going to be the same as the Nexus S, due to hardware like the NFC chip, but the improved UI and tools are going to give the phone a boost in performance.

Reto Meier, a name that should be familiar to Android enthusiasts, is throwing cold water all over the rumor.  According to him, the Nexus One is not set to receive Gingerbread (Android 2.3) until a few weeks from now.  We’re gonna side with Reto here as he is an Android Developer Advocate for Google and a developer as well.  He knows a thing or two about a thing or two.

Not sure where Engadget is getting their reports. The Nexus One OTA isn’t happening just yet – should be coming in a few weeks. – via twitter

Related Posts

1. MEvo

Good for them if they do get the update, hope HTC will have that same update sometime early next year

2. Khoa

I’ve got an N1 and no update yet…but i’ll be now checking my phone every minute to see ;-)

3. Bill

Sadly, I think Nexus One won’t get the ‘official’ Gingerbread update until after the launch of Nexus S.

4. MEvo

I saw from other trusted Android sites that some owners of the N1 are upgraded to 2.3 not really sure if it was an OTA update.

5. Name: Mark

I am very old I only have a phone that was used for getting ahold of me be the transplant center. I don’t know what an android is but I know they are high tech and I would like one but I would never figure out how to use it Yes it will be unveiled today i do believe

6. MagicMike

If it’s the same “next few weeks” as it took them to release the Froyo update for Nexus One, we should expect it some time in February.

7. GOurav Rana

today is 30 dec and still i didnt get OTA gingerbread update .
    hello google guys whats going on every nexus one user is waiting for it.
    nexus s is launched with gingerbread it dose not mean that you people forgot nexus one.
    : (