We just got word via some PDF documents that the Motorola Droid and Droid X for Verizon are receiving system enhancement updates. No, it’s not Gingerbread, no matter how much any of us want it to be. First, the Droid X update includes:
- Flash Player
- MyVerizon application
- Overall Froyo stability
- Enhancements to Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync
- Visual Voicemail improvements
- And some other minor features, like MP3 support and improved video playback
Now to the Droid update. It brings:
- An updated Twitter application, Amazon widget, and News & Weather widget
- New Gmail user interface
- And improvements to Microsoft Exhange ActiveSync
We're giving stuff away to help celebrate our tenth anniversary. Are you in?
Again, these aren’t Gingerbread updates, just small maintenance upgrades to improve some apps and fix a few bugs. The good news here is that it’s as easy as going to System Updates on your device and downloading the update. Simple, no? Instructions for the Droid X upgrade can be found here, and for those original Droid owners out there, check out your update here. If you’ve already installed one of these updates, let us know what you think. Is it faster, slower, insanely better than before? We look forward to your comments!