Loopt 4.0 arrives for Android
The popular location based social disovery app, Loopt, has released an update to the Android version bringing it to version 4.0. The updates include:
- A streamlined new design, focused on finding friends and finding places that your friends like to go around you.
- Very cool tools to communicate with friends (like Ping, which lets you send location-text messages)
- The ability to see where friends are now, see where friends like to go around you now, and places where people are gathering right now.
- Rewards! Starting out with free music, you can now find rewards on Loopt while you go about town.
- Notifications when friends are nearby, when places are getting busy, and where the deals are to be found
- A very simple ON/OFF mechanism for automatic location sharing — right on the Home screen of Loopt — so you’re never in doubt about whether your location is being automatically updated; when automatic location sharing is OFF, your friends will only see where you are when you specifically check in to a place.
You can upate the app in the Google Market now, happy friend hunting!
You might also like
New Application Revolutionizes How SmartPhone Consumers Interact With Mobile Entertainment From the Leader in the Direct-to-Consumer Marketplace SAN JOSE, CA–(Marketwire – June 23, 2009) – PlayPhone, Inc. (www.playphone.com), the global
We all love Google Glass, don’t we? It’s a great innovation by Google, and a gadget of future. Recently, we learned that Samsung will launch their very own wearable glasses,
HTC has joined the growing list of companies throwing their hat in the app distribution game. According to Financial Times, the handset maker is prepping an online store of their own, which will offer apps and e-books.