Loopt 4.0 arrives for Android
The popular location based social disovery app, Loopt, has released an update to the Android version bringing it to version 4.0. The updates include:
- A streamlined new design, focused on finding friends and finding places that your friends like to go around you.
- Very cool tools to communicate with friends (like Ping, which lets you send location-text messages)
- The ability to see where friends are now, see where friends like to go around you now, and places where people are gathering right now.
- Rewards! Starting out with free music, you can now find rewards on Loopt while you go about town.
- Notifications when friends are nearby, when places are getting busy, and where the deals are to be found
- A very simple ON/OFF mechanism for automatic location sharing — right on the Home screen of Loopt — so you’re never in doubt about whether your location is being automatically updated; when automatic location sharing is OFF, your friends will only see where you are when you specifically check in to a place.
You can upate the app in the Google Market now, happy friend hunting!
You might also like
Bloomberg is reporting today that Sony is expected to unveil their new televisions based off a new version of Android called Dragonpoint. We’re going to go ahead and say this
The first smartphone to run Intel’s mobile processor arrives in India later this month.
RadioShack has announced a Black Friday counter-offensive today which will see more than two dozen phones going free with new two-year agreements and qualified upgrades. Starting this Sunday November 20