PRN has given us a little blurb about how to keep our precious phones safe when Old Man Winter rears his head.
First, the basics:
- Keep your phone fully charged, the cold weather is a battery drainer. Use a car charger if all possible. (Or keep a spare battery around.)
- Be careful with your touch-screen phone. When it gets exposed to extreme temperatures, it can become brittle
- Keep your phone warm, and close to your body. When your phone gets to cuddle with you, and use your body heat, s/he is happy.
- (This one, I really like, and never thought of) Get gloves with removable fingers so you can use your touch screen, but keep your hands warm.
Pretty cool stuff, eh? Also, there are a few recommended apps that you can use to be prepared for the Winter Weather.
- Winter Weather Outlook – Allows you access to the National Weather Service Winter Weather Outlooks, so you’ll know what kind of winter weather is headed your way.
- How Cold Is It? – A wallpaper that changes color depending on the outside temperature – deep red when it’s hot and icy white when it’s freezing. (Note, that this is a live wallpaper, so make sure your phone is compatible before downloading.)
- ShoppeHUB – This app allows you to make secure purchases on cold weather gear, including winter clothing.