Ahhhh, it must be nice having a handset that Samsung acutally pays attention to. We are getting work that Nexus S owners are getting an update already for their device. If you haven’t already received the new OTA update, you can manually get it. We’ll give you the directions after the break.
We're giving stuff away to help celebrate our tenth anniversary. Are you in?
According to androidcentral, The update (GRH78) contains “important bug fixes plus the latest version of Maps.”
So wanna put that update on manually? here’s how:
- Download the file from Google right here
- Rename it to update.zip, and place it on the root of your internal storage
- Shut down your phone, and reboot into the bootloader by holding volume up and powering back on
- Use the volume buttons to choose “recovery” from the list, and select it with the power button
- When you see the triangle on your screen, press volume up and power once more and you’ll have a list of options, choose to update