Galaxy S Phones Sell 9.3 Million Worldwide

There is no doubting the success of the Galaxy S phones, made by Samsung. In the US alone, each of the four major carriers (that’s Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, and T-Mobile) carry a Galaxy S device (the Fascinate, Epic 4G, Captivate, and Vibrant, respectively). However, the Galaxy S brand extends far beyond the US, even in Korea (where it just reached multi-platinum status).

The Galaxy S brand has sold a total of 9.3 million phones worldwide, certainly not a number to scoff at. I guess Samsung Mobile isn’t a disaster after all (except for the renowned GPS woes.)

source: RCR Wireless

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4629 posts

YoYo Games announces platform puzzler Rick O’Shea

YoYo Games today released their next Android-based game, the platform puzzler Rick O’Shea.  Featuring more than 120 levels, 30 achievements, 12 mini-games, and more, Rick O’Shea is the first freemium

EVO 4G Out of Stock “Check Back Later”

We knew that Sprint’s new phone was doing well.  The carrier even admitted to shortages not only at their stores, but Best Buy and Radio Shack locations as well.  Now

LG Optimus 3D 2 Specs and Image Leaked

Mobile World Congress is around the corner and we told you that LG is on roll to introduce their new line-up at the mega event. We heard that LG is

1. Brian
    December 22, 09:39 Reply

Yeah…but where’s Froyo? Been talked about since September…

2. awoken
    December 22, 10:03 Reply

Tsk tsk tsk I keep saying…. Samsung has become quantity over quality…. I have 15 days to swap to the Evo… Samsung’s goal of selling a high quantity makes me think heavily about going to the Evo. HTC seems to be stying on top of things for now..

3. rev2redlineguy
    December 22, 11:21 Reply

Yeah, it’s all about numbers and money to Samsung only. As for updates, they’ll screw you in the end. I’m no longer going to purchase anymore Samsung products because all they do is cover their a$%*** when it comes to software updates. I’m tired of hearing “oh, it will be this date for Froyo” then a month later “oh never mind, it’s going to be this date for Froyo” then again “whoops, it’s going to be this date for Froyo” then by time you know it, here comes the Nexus S device that Samsung wants you to buy so you can forget about the Galaxy S. Nope, not gonna sucker me again!

4. sweetbuns
    December 22, 13:21 Reply

man I love my fascinate but I want my froyo, i wish they would at least share the bluetooth stack and ril. That would make it possible for the mod community to release and take resposbility away from them it ends up buggy. At least give me my fickin bluetooth stack, why I dont have one to begin with astounds me.

5. Elon Musk
    December 22, 17:29 Reply

Samsung needs to recall all 9million phones. The GPS DOES NOT FUCKING WORK!! I have a Vibrant and a Nexus S and they both are completely broken!!! Fuck Samsung.

6. Steve G
    December 22, 18:05 Reply

Samsung has never been quick on updates, sometimes not updating their phones at all. I really dont see that this will change with Android, and then these phone manufacturers wonder why the populous roots their phones with vanilla Android ROM’s. Manufacturers need to listen to their consumers but in the end there is the little caveat known as subsidies. Without vendor GUIs (Sense UI, AT&T’s, T-Mobile’s, whomever’s flavored GUI layer to advertise and force their sh*t down your throat, phone prices would be higher certainly. People are going to buy smart phones no matter what so the boss hogs (wireless companies) need to listen to their customers as well and give them what they want, not what they think their customers want.

7. Chris Hess
    January 20, 00:31 Reply

I’ve had this series for 4 months. They are replacing it again for the 3rd time. This was my first smart phone and was expecting to be impressed. After I got the hang I was, but the phone defects have been more than irritating. Now that I’m catching on to what it can do, again irritated at its limitations. It has taken me to a new level in this new line of phones. But seriously! Don’t upgrade to or buy the cgs until the new series line or they work up the upgrades.