Vainworks Lets You Change Your Rear-Facing Camera To a Forward-Facing One

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlHTjD87Shs[/youtube]

Are you envious of the commercials on TV about the MyTouch 4G showing off its ability to do video chat over 3G, 4G, or WiFi?  Do you have a friend toting the iPhone 4G using FaceTime?  Fear not my friends, soon, thanks to Vainworks, you’ll be able to turn your rear-facing camera into a front-facing one with the assistance of a small stand.

Basically, it’s a mirrored stand that lets the user utilize the rear-camera as a forward one.  Head over to the site and check out some of the videos.  The company claims the stand will work with phones that has a rear-facing camera.  But there’s a catch.  The farther away the camera is from the edge of the phone, the less likely the stand will work.  A list of supported phones with an explanation of how the stand operates can be found on Vainworks’ site.  So, what do you think?  Who is gonna pick this up?

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4641 posts

Samsung Galaxy F leaked with premium design

From last year, we have been hearing that Samsung will release a premium flagship device this year, known as Samsung Galaxy F. It was rumored to show up with the Galaxy

Sprint issues a save-the-date event to be held January 10, directly after CES keynote

CES is right around the corner and we’re getting ready for the onslaught of “exclusive” event invitations to start hitting our inboxes. First up is Sprint, who has asked us

Google Music now keeps trashed tracks, allows you to undelete for 28 days

Any users out there using Google Music? I can tell you this: I personally use the heck out of it. Having as many digital tracks as I do, having a

• orama
      January 03, 20:24 Reply

come on man,the iphone 4 has front camara,so no need this thing. plz no make stupid questions before reading the article

• TheGoodAir
        January 04, 03:16 Reply

orama, the question was to point out that its not called the iPhone 4G (as it is not capable of 4G speeds), but rather, iPhone 4. Sometimes I my ocd gets the best of me and I simply cannot hold myself back from pointing out some of the mistakes that tech blogs make.

1. Ronell
    January 03, 20:15 Reply

I like it! I’ll probably buy two ($30 total, shipped) once I confirm it’ll work on my Nexus One.

• Anonymous
      May 15, 20:21 Reply

Did you ever get any confirmation that it’ll work on the Nexus One ??

2. MrRossicoe
    January 03, 21:33 Reply

Or you could buy a phone with a ffc so you don’t have to carry around this ridiculous mini house of mirrors.

3. Russ
    January 03, 21:42 Reply

Cool idea, but that guy makes me want to punch him in the teeth….

• Phil Farrand
      January 16, 18:48 Reply

Russ! Sorry. Phil Farrand here. I’m the guy in the video. Honestly, the video is not a show. That’s the way I am in real life. 😉 I have done another video and toned it down it a bit. You can see the new one on the site. Have a great day!

• Anonymous
        May 15, 20:22 Reply

So Phil….will this work on a Nexus One ?

4. xarophti
    January 04, 01:52 Reply

Judging by pictures on the site (well done, with pictures included of the backs of the phones for camera placement) it seems it would be hit or miss on the original MyTouch as its camera placement resembles the Eris.

• Phil Farrand
      January 16, 18:56 Reply

Miguel!

I’m the inventor of the Vainworks Stand.

Here’s what’s interesting about the ciccaresedesign thing. First, if you go to the original page in Italian and translate it. There’s one sentance that says, “We thought the design but who thinks to production?”

I think this is just a concept. And frankly, I tried building something with mirrors that small. It seems like it should work but it doesn’t.

There’s a video demo on my website vainworks.com where I demonstrate this. The video is called “Questions about the Design of the Stand”

5. Jenny
    January 04, 15:54 Reply

This is awesome! Totally buying one for my Droid!