CyanogenMod 7 Gets Shown Off On Video

Anyone who has rooted their Android phone should be familiar with Cyanogen.  When I had my G1 back in the day, I was rooted with CyanogenMod, and I loved watching it grow and (impatiently) waiting for new updates.  I can avow from experience, that this guy and his team knows their stuff.  Cyanogen himself has said that nightly builds will be hitting the web in the next few days.

Check out these videos of CM7 in action, after the break.

CM7 Boot Screen promo:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYXiKWwp0DQ[/youtube]

Official CyanogenMod 7 Preview:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGDWH6lvpLg[/youtube]

Pretty amazing stuff.  Who’s ready to give this ROM a shot?

Just a quick reminder and disclaimer, that although rooting your phone can be fun, exciting, and you gain the opportunity of trying out new things, you do run the risk of permanently ruining [bricking] your phone. So please, proceed with caution .

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4641 posts

Google Catalogs finally arrives for Android tablets

It only took three months but Google Catalogs has finally come to Android tablets.  Providing access to more than 400 catalogs from 125+brands such as Sephora, Nordstrom, Eddie Bauer, and

LG invitations may signal April 28 arrival of G4

LG has sent out invitations to events being held on April 28th and April 29th in New York, London, Paris, Seoul, Singapore, and Istanbul. The invite reads “See the great,

HTC Desire 200 image and specs revealed

We recently reported of the new budget handsets from HTC. While the specs aren’t at all impressive, if the HTC One is any indication of the quality of materials used, it

1. tenkely
    January 06, 14:55 Reply

The only thing I don’t like about Cyanogen is the launcher. Wish it were stock.

• Smarch
      January 06, 20:47 Reply

Then install stock, the ROM has SO Much more to offer than a launcher.

2. Yoshi
    January 06, 15:12 Reply

I’ve been ready to give this a try… CM is 10 times better than any other ROM I’ve played with

3. Daniel
    January 06, 15:20 Reply

I totally agree with tenkely. ADW launcher isn’t bad, but I like LauncherPro so much better. But everything else is awesome in CM. Can’t wait to install CM7 :)

4. Obs
    January 06, 15:23 Reply

the launcher animation in 6.1.2 is much better looking.

5. Jimmy13
    January 06, 15:54 Reply

I think you can just add the launcher you want and pull adw out with adb if you don’t like it. For that matter you could pull it out with root explorer too I’m pretty sure.

6. B-Rose
    January 06, 16:48 Reply

Sexy! Can’t wait ’till they get a Droid1 ROM.

7. NM
    January 06, 16:52 Reply

EVO is ready for CM7! Can’t wait!

8. M
    January 06, 22:41 Reply

Yeah, like I am going to install it because of the start up animation……get real. What it does after is starts up is what I am concerned with. Not some animation.

9. yugi
    January 06, 23:28 Reply

hey guys…..

i was wondering if the cm7 is or the cm 6 is compatible with the htc desire… so sorry ive been a slave to the htc sense for quite long…and i think its time to change….it would be nice….if u could guide me to the right direction….

cheers,
    yugi the noob….

btw my desire is unlocked and unrooted…

• csmr
      January 07, 06:01 Reply

Yep! CyanogenMod runs great on the HTC Desire.

You can root it with unrevoked and then flash cyanogenmod.
      Just go to http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/ and choose your desire version (CDMA or GSM)

10. Jaymoon
    January 06, 23:47 Reply

My issue with CM roms are that it’s so customized to begin with, it’s very overwhelming. Yeah some are cool features, but after about 10 minutes of trying to remove this mod and that mod, I end up flashing Stock or a “slim” rom and customize off of those with a fresh start.

11. Will
    January 07, 14:05 Reply

I think I was just convinced to get the MT4G instead of the Nexus S lol.

My N1 is running low on internal space, and I honestly can’t think of a reason to get the Nexus S over the MT4G if you plan on rooting, especially once you overclock the MT4G’s processor (I’ve seen as high as 1.7Ghz).