Samsung Teases MWC Announcement, “Evolution is Fate”

Samsung has begun a quiet campaign to stir up interest in their Mobile World Congress announcement next month.  Promising us that “something big is coming” in February, we’re also told that “evolution is fate” on the Samsung Unpacked site.  We’re guessing here, but it could be something to do with Long Term Evolution (LTE) on some of their devices.  The big part?  Well, that could simply be a 10-inch tablet, or bigger handsets.  We saw them recently unveil the Infuse 4G for AT&T which features a 4.5-inch Super AMOLED Plus screen, both evolutions on last year’s Galaxy S.  It’s hard to say at this point, but Samsung plans to start teasing us on February 1st.

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6579 posts

In Brief: Android-related things worth knowing today

A quick look at things going on that might be of interest to you, the Android lover.

HTC sells phones at a 20% discount

While everyone is out scrounging for last minute deals on holiday shopping, HTC is offering a 20% discount on all their phones, just because you deserve it! To simply claim

Sharp’s 3D Android Smartphone in Action

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gUNF9MkGKE[/youtube] The 3D craze has made it’s way to Android, as we reported it would a short time ago here on Android Guys.  The above video was taken from a

1. anon
    January 19, 11:18 Reply

Samsung is dead to me. If the ever start consistently and quickly providing Android updates, I’ll take another look.

2. SamsungSucks
    January 19, 11:33 Reply

Who cares? Unless Samsung updates their current Galaxy S phones to Android 2.2 in the US, I could give a rat’s ass about any new products they are releasing. Why should I? It’s not like I can expect long term support for any of them. F’ Samsung!

3. RockinEvo
    January 19, 12:50 Reply

Why does everyone hate Samsung mine phone works great…..oh yea thats right I went with the smart approach and go with HTC I can’t depend on waiting years for a update.
    Keep hope alive (I guess) Sammy your going to need it.

4. Matt
    January 19, 12:50 Reply

I’m hoping one of their phones this year will be solar power, if not, well there really won’t be much evolution from them in my opinion.

5. John
    January 19, 13:50 Reply

Won’t buy a Samsung unless they guarantee in writing that the phone will get at least the next 2 versions of android with in 90 days of its release.
    The crap they are pulling now with the Galaxy S models is criminal.

6. Don
    January 19, 15:45 Reply

Samsung is trash. I was already cautious about them early on. They just buried themselves more. All respect for the company is gone.

7. masterpfa
    January 19, 20:39 Reply

It’s a Samsung , no thanks.

Lol It will be interesting to see what it is and what features it has, but I must admit for me what ever it is it won’t be for me. Past records on updates being the decider for me.

8. Samuel
    January 19, 21:12 Reply

I like my galaxy s. If xda is around i will consider buying it, Super Amoled is the reason im sticking with samsung, once you actually have had one for a while you can immediately tell the quality and color difference when compared to another phone, G2, My touch 4g, they all look washed out, especially the dam g2. I really want a dual core monster with a 4.5 inch super amoled +. Bigger is better IMO. But samsung does suck when it comes to official upgrades