Galaxy Tab 2 Promo Video Leaked, Insane Specs Rumored

We know we typically shut down somewhat around here once we hit the weekends, but we felt compelled to share the following with you.  The gang over at OLED-info have uncovered a quick teaser trailer for the yet-announced Galaxy Tab. Further they, have a handful of hardware details that will have us in a tizzy.  Assuming they are true, that is. Hit the break for the video and alleged specs!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_malzsmJB4[/youtube]

• Android OS 2.3 Gingerbread (upgrade 3.0 Honeycomb)
  • 7″ 2048×1200 Super-AMOLED display
  • 3D Display after upgrade to 3.0 Honeycomb
  • NVIDIA Tegra 2 processor
  • Gorrila Glass screen
  • Back camera: 8mp, 1080p video, Dual LED flash. Front camera: 3mp
  • 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v3.0
  • USB Port
  • 64 GB Internal Memory, MicroSD Slot, 1024 MB RAM
  • Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Compass, Barometer

Do any of these sound outlandish to you?  Would you be interested in picking one of these up for yourself?

Thanks, Ron!

Scott Webster
    Scott Webster 6577 posts

Take Control of Your Phone’s Memory with SanDisk Memory Zone

SanDisk released an application into the Android Market today designed to help users better manage their phone’s memory.  The free app, SanDisk Memory Zone, makes it easy to maintain files

Rovio teases ‘Angry Birds Space’ for March 22

What does one do after they conquer earth? They head for space!

Droid 2.0.1 Update Now Rolling Out – Did You Get Yours?

Is Verizon playing Santa with its latest Android 2.0.1 OTA Update for the Motorola Droid?  As I sit here patiently waiting for my over-the-air push of the update, (some of

1. Nathan
      January 22, 11:52 Reply

i really really doubt those are the specs. seems insanely high, unless they’re going to sell it for $1200, in which case no one is going to buy it.

Extra features are awesome but for android tablets to win it’s going to come down to price. The iPad is $600 average price. For an android tablet to sell, and sell well, it needs to be under $700. preferably under $600.

And i don’t see that happening with these specs.

• Flashfox
        January 22, 11:55 Reply

Why not? Perhaps cost pricing is low enough for Samsung to be able to sell it in that range and still make a nice profit. However, I must admit that those specs seem too good to be true ;-(

• Nathan
          January 22, 12:14 Reply

true. that may surprise us and toss this out at $600-$700. Would sure be smart of them even if they take a loss since they’re going to go up against the Xoom and G-Slate which are going to SHIP with 3.0 instead of waiting for it. And god knows how long you may have to wait for honeycomb for the tab 2 in the US.

For me all i’m interested in is a wi-fi only version of the XOOM or G-Slate with a price tag of under $700. The Tab is nice, but i don’t think honeycomb is going to translate as well to the tab as it will the larger screens.

• wootroot
          January 22, 13:00 Reply

I stopped reading after I saw 2048×1200 resolution. I mean come on…. think about it….

• TurboFool
        January 22, 12:20 Reply

Those specs are roughly in line with everything we believe the iPad 2 to have, so there’s no reason it CAN’T be build for that price range. While I’m suspicious of these rumored specs, I don’t see any reason it can’t be in the appropriate price range if their competition’s doing it.

2. Flashfox
      January 22, 11:52 Reply

Happy I skipped the TAB as if the above is true, then I will definitely be picking-up a TAB2 ;-)

• Flashfox
        January 22, 11:53 Reply

…I should qualify my statement: I’ll pick one up UNLESS it costs an arm and a leg (i.e. more than the present TAB;-)

3. lrnano
      January 22, 12:00 Reply

If is true all those specs and for right price. Yes I would with a doubt. Event Samsung has been not great with their customer. Referring to USA Foroy 2.2 Android situation.

4. HossUK
      January 22, 12:13 Reply

If those specs are correct, if upgrade to Honeycomb is guaranteed and the price is not outrageous I will definitely splash out on one. I prefer the 7″ form factor over anything larger as I feel it’s truly portable as you can slip in into a large jacket pocket.

5. jason
      January 22, 12:30 Reply

You would be stupid do buy this tablet. If it came with 3.0 I could understand. But this is Samsung people u will most likely have to wait 2 years for the update like all the galaxy phones now. Good specs but would be better if wasn’t a Samsung.

• John
        January 22, 13:12 Reply

I will consider this when the upgrade to Android 3.0 starts rolling out, and even then I will check what the competition has to offer, which already has honeycomb.
        I will start listening to users from now on, and decide on the specs of a tab that are actually available on purchase and stop believing into future updates etc.
        For me an android tab without android 3.0 (which is designed for tablets) is useless.

6. nope
      January 22, 13:28 Reply

Samsung use a Tegra 2 instead of their own Orion? A super-high resolution SAMOLED, not to mention at 7″? Fat chance in hell, imo. Just sounds like someone’s wish list for a near term dream device to me.

• Daniel
        January 22, 15:33 Reply

Yeah, the use of Tegra 2 instead of Orion just screams fake to me. Super-high res SAMOLED doesn’t seem too farfetched to me

• mino
        January 22, 18:30 Reply

yes samsung will be use tegra 2 in tablets and orion in phones!

screen is fake

7. Hmmmm
      January 22, 14:05 Reply

This is pretty embarrassing, isn’t it?

8. Misca
      January 22, 15:30 Reply

That seems pretty fake to me: the video presentation is awful, the 3D screen and the impossible 2048×1200 resolution

9. jonathonpm
      January 22, 17:41 Reply

the video looks like it is made in i movie, somebody has invented the whole thing.
      i’m sure there is a tab2 though this is not it.

10. Todd
      January 22, 20:13 Reply

The only thing that seems out of line to me is the display size and the memory. The current version has 2gb of ram, or 16gb if you were smart enough to buy it for T-Mobile. And they’re going to quadruple what it has now. I suppose they could have 32gb and 64gb, just as the original was supposed to have 16gb and 32gb

The screen is exactly double what the current screen is. I think this spec was thought up by an iDiot. Because Android doesn’t have a fixed screen size, there’s no reason to exactly double as there is with the one option iOS. I’m sure the 2 will have higher resolution, but not exactly double what 1 has.

Oh, and if it doesn’t ship with Honeycomb, just pretend it won’t ever receive it. This is Samsung we’re talking about. It’ll be next year sometime.

11. Elvis
      January 22, 21:29 Reply

Doesn’t seem to outlandish after reading ipad2 supposed specs… hope it end up being hotter hehe! How many PPI is a screen like that on 7″

12. Omar
      January 23, 09:04 Reply

I don’t see the point of an 8MP camera on a tablet form factor. I wouldn’t whip out my tablet to take a picture.

• anonymous coward
        February 18, 11:49 Reply

For one thing, it could be handy to take pictures of white boards in meetings. Not to mention pics of David in Marketing, who has a tendency to fall asleep during meetings.

13. John
      January 23, 11:48 Reply

Why 7″! Please! Same resolution wanted but at ipad 9″ please, I am not an apple fan, but they have got the screen size right

14. JPC JPC
      September 22, 01:03 Reply

The screen is exactly double what the current screen is. I think this
      spec was thought up by an iDiot. Because Android doesn’t have a fixed
      screen size, there’s no reason to exactly double as there is with the
      one option iOS. I’m sure the 2 will have higher resolution, but not
      exactly double what 1 has. TOP 1 Oli Sintetik Mobil-Motor Indonesia

15. Jenggot Dowo
      January 21, 06:29 Reply

This is my first time i visit here. I found so many entertaining stuff in your blog, especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work. Kata-Kata Mutiara

16. dwi permana aji