Trivia bar games come to Android in NTN Buzztime app

NTN Buzztime, Inc., the guys behind all those trivia games you see folks playing at the bar and restaurant, have announced an official Android application today.  Effective immediately, trivia buffs can download the free application from the Android Market. That means everyone at your table can get their game on without waiting for the clunky, outdated (Playmakers) boxes.

I had a chance to play with this a little over a week ago and was seriously impressed with how easy it worked.  As soon as you open the app, it lets you sign in or create an account and then finds local establishments with games.  Tapping the appropriate bar, you’re thrown right into the mix against everyone else using those goofy looking blue boxes.  The app is clutter free, essentially only showing answer buttons.  Why not questions?  Well, that’s so you actually go into the bar and buy drinks and food, silly.

Fun Fact: Buzztime engages more than 1,500,000 players every year across  3,900 bars and restaurants.  There are roughly 50,000,000 bar trivia, cards and sports games each year on their network.

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6577 posts

Official CyanogenMod Nightlies come to Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4

If you have grabbed yourself a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 but wanted to enjoy the device with a stock Android experience then you’ll be pleased to learn that the

Lowe’s and Jimmie Johnson Giving Away Free Samsung Galaxy Tabs (7-inch)

In the market for a new refrigerator or washing machine? You might want to head to Lowe’s between now and October 3rd for your home appliance needs. Why? because Samsung,

Big Apps List: Pinball

While nothing really compares to dropping a quarter in a real Black Knight 2000 or The Addams Family machine, those tables are becoming hard to find. What options do pinball

1. j.d
    January 26, 11:13 Reply

I can’t find BuzzTime using the Nexus S (Android 2.3). Boo.

2. Andy
    January 26, 11:32 Reply

Warning the app uses 27mb of internal phone memory with no option to install to the sd card. I would like to have this app but there is no way I can keep it if it takes up that much space.

3. Bunkai
    January 26, 11:52 Reply

It’s called “Mobile Playmaker” not “BuzzTime” in the Android Market.

Also, 27mb, while quite a bit larger than most, is really not that big of a deal. Especially when many of the current phones have around 2GB of internal phone storage.

• Andy
      January 26, 14:22 Reply

Yea some of the most recent phones do but your still alienating just about every phone actually being used today.

• David
      January 26, 18:10 Reply

Actually, it is a big deal on the vast majority of Android phones in use.

4. Pidge
    January 26, 18:12 Reply

Can you play from your phone at home?
    Because I get No Questions!!!!
    Buzzkill. How disappointing. I get everything but the question. :(

5. David
    January 28, 01:23 Reply

I uninstalled this after I found out you can play at home. You still have to go to the bar or restaurant where buzztime trivia is served. Buzztime trivia is a fun game but it’s a gimmick to get you into the bars and restaurants to SPEND MONEY…. they will probably never bring it full fledged to home or mobile phone use…….. so sad. It’s a really fun game.

6. David
    January 28, 01:24 Reply

Oooops I totally fumbled my comment… I meant I uninstalled after I found out you CAN’T play at home… or on your device.

7. Ms. Jane
    August 15, 06:06 Reply

Where I play if your bar gets number one in the country you get a free drink. A group ofis get together every Thursday afternoon to play. We do well as a group. Last Thursday we got four number ones in a row.