AT&T Announces Pre-Order for Motorola Atrix 4G on Feb 13th, Will Run $199.99

When it comes to Android, AT&T is having a rather busy week.  After already announcing the launch of the Inspire 4G on Monday, the carrier has just put the word out that their pre-orders for the Atrix 4G are coming February 13th with an expected launch date of March 6 or earlier. Dropping at a slightly higher than expected $199.99 price, it’s still one heck of a deal for an Android 2.2-powered dual-core handset.  As for that laptop dock though… well the rumored $150 price tag is way off the mark.

AT&T will offer two packages for customers:

1. ATRIX 4G and the Motorola Laptop Dock  – Promotional price of $499.99 (after $100 mail-in-rebate for after subscription to Data Pro smartphone data plan and tethering add on).
  2. Motorola Laptop Dock separately  – $499.99

AT&T will also offer an Entertainment Access Kit which includes the Motorola HD Multimedia Dock, a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse, and a remote control for $189.99.

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6602 posts

Ice Screen: a 26-inch Android-based smart TV

Tencent and TCL have teamed up together to make the Ice Screen: a 26″ Android TV packing a dual-core Cortex A9 1GHz processor, a Mali 400 GPU, 4GB of RAM and

AT&T Announces $49 HTC Status for July 17

AT&T has just announced that the Facebook-heavy HTC Status will be arriving this coming Sunday, July 17th.  The Android 2.3.3-powered (Gingerbread)  handset will run $49.99 with a two-year contract and will be

Two Popular LG Android phones show up again

Sprint hasn’t announced the LG Cayenne LS860 yet, but it has appeared in yet another leaked photo! We might be hearing something soon from Sprint themselves. The photo doesn’t bring us new details

1. Barry
    February 03, 13:45 Reply

Well, I was going to buy this phone to be my primary phone, but with the lap dock being priced at $500 instead of $150. I’ll wait and shop around for another phone. Come on Motorola, there are a lot of cheaper tablets coming out, including your Zoom. LG or HTC is looking better everyday.

2. acupunc
    February 03, 14:04 Reply

I swear AT&T just wants to kill Android. . . what are they thinking? An extra $300 for a laptop dock that gives you a 11″ screen with a keyboard? Sorry but it’s rather easy to find a nice laptop for $400 and if you look a little I’m sure you can find a decent one for $300, at least a netbook, and then when you get a new phone it will still work where this laptop dock will be a brick without the phone.

• dinesh
      February 03, 15:16 Reply

dude i think the dock alone is 500$ :)

• dinesh
        February 03, 15:17 Reply

sorry 😐 didnt read it properly

3. Barry
    February 03, 14:10 Reply

You know what Motorola. Whom ever (AT&T? Motorola?) is responsible for setting prices for this device. Please have them fired because they are an idiot.

4. Ryan McKay
    February 03, 16:05 Reply

I do believe this just killed a ton of sales.

5. David
    February 03, 21:02 Reply

Nice phone, but the the price of the laptop dock and multi-media docks are DEAL KILLERS. Given these sky high starting prices, I can’t imagine the prices will drop enough to matter within the next year.

I know a lot of people who WERE very interested in this phone, no longer. It will cost nearly $1000 to get the phone, laptop dock and multi-media dock. What is Motorola thinking?

Insane.

6. michael
    February 04, 01:26 Reply

In addition to the just plain silly pricing, their “incentive” doesn’t look very well thought out either. You get a rebate for buying the dock and subscribing to their data plan and tethering add-on? If I planned to be tethering my laptop through this phone what do I need the dock for? Please don’t tell me that they consider plugging the phone into the dock to be the same as tethering.

The dock looks cool in a quaint retro sort of way, but between the pricing and the non-standard split environment I think I’ll just get a nice tablet instead. Maybe a wireless keyboard to go with it.

Even without the dock, the phone could still be promising once the bootloader gets unlocked.

7. Tullamore
    February 04, 04:25 Reply

I’m also looking to buy this phone soon. Already find some great applications on this file search engine. However, the price is too high nowadays.

8. X Cart Shopping Cart
    February 05, 06:48 Reply

I am incomparable to enjoy myself when i appreciate your beautiful article from my deep heart!

9. Nick
    February 21, 13:22 Reply

You guys gotta realize its a phone.. Witch meens u dnt need the laptop dock if u have a laptop. Its a phone with a dual core processor lol. Its a good price for the phone. Not everyone is buying it tO be a laptop

10. Afya Asif
    April 04, 20:39 Reply

I’ve got one… it’s a great phone.
    The laptop dock is cool. I charges the phone using its own battery and can almost triple the battery life of the phone.
    That said, thanks to our friends at xda-developers you can get “Webtop Via HDMI Without a Dock”, you don’t even need to root!

Pros:
    Very fast & reliable (android 2.2 FTW)
    Loud speaker (Max volume will get your attention from across the house)
    Bright LED flash
    Firefox in webtop can play hulu (kinda choppy tho)

Cons:
    Motoblur
    Battery life / temperature on load (idle is fine)
    Dock cost is annoying
    Signed bootloader (no third party ROMs)

All in all… I like it better than my 3GS

you can find more information by this article:
    Motorola Atrix 4G with laptop dock: First Opinion