In a posting on their blog, Fring has announced that they have updated their Android application to improve the quality of video and regular calls using their service. The above video is the app running on the Nexus S, which touts “enhanced” support with Fring.
Here are the highlights of the new update from the posting on Fring’s blog:
- NEW Notifications – Now you get all fring updates right to your home screen/ notification bar so you never miss a call, chat or other fring event
- FRESH Activity log – all your fring activities are listed in 1 activity log – calls, new friends, chats, video calls, history, system messages…
- IMPROVED Audio – major audio improvements on Jitter buffer so your calls are smoother
- ENHANCED Nexus S support – you lucky enough to have this bad boy? Video call us and show us it in action
- TASTY Gingerbread support (Android 2.3) – yum.
Go update your app now, or download it from the Android Market.