Rumor: HTC Pyramid Coming to T-Mobile

Image: Zgneb

It seems that every other cell phone provider in America is getting some 4.3″ HTC love expect for T-Mobile. Well that is about to change according to a rumor that was first published on Android And Me and also independently reported by TmoNews. It seems that a previously unnamed HTC phone is in the works for T-Mobile, and it is going to be big, literally. The rumor as it sits right now is that is it going to be a 4.3″ qHD display, with HSPA+ capabilities, and running the first Qualcomm dual-core processor clocked at 1.2GHz (MSM8x60).

While we more than likely won’t hear about this phone at MWC in Barcelona this month, as it will be a product for an American phone company. There is a good chance that we will hear something about it at CTIA in Orlando in March.

The MSM8x60 dual-core processor rumored to power this phone has some powerful potential, and Android And Me guess that it will include 1080p recording and playback and an Adreno 220 GPU, which would compete well with the NVIDIA GeForce.

Both sources point to a possible Q2 launch on T-Mobile. I am excited; this may be the phone that I will pay full price for.

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4627 posts

Adobe Celebrates 1 Million Flash Downloads for Android

Now that Android 2.2 has started permeating handsets across the world, users are flocking to the market to download Flash.  Adobe’s bread and butter media player has been downloaded more

Full Fat Games brings Android roster to Kindle Fire

The popular Flick series of games gets Kindle Fire optimization.

Deer Hunter 2014 coming soon to Android

Coming soon to Android, Glu’s annual hunting game, Deer Hunter 2014 will be available in Google Play Store. Features: Co-op Challenges – join your friends to complete Club Hunt challenges!

1. 4G or Not To 4G
    February 05, 00:03 Reply

Great phone but falls short because with all those top notch specs, should have had T-Mobile’s highest speeds. I currently own the G2 with 14.4 Mbps, and would have gladly purchased this phone had it been 21.2 Mbps. If I am going to spend the money to upgrade, I want the latest and greatest.

Some may say your crazy as you don’t need more speed. However we know that Verizon will eventually be trying to push that much off on their devices, so how does T-Mobile battle the other carriers, if they do not have the phones to support it.

Why put in the time and expense to have a super-fast network but not have the devices to ride it.

If I pay full price, I want the latest and greatest that will be able to handle whatever Android and the Developers throw at it…for at least 6 months:-)

Other then that great phone

2. Scmo
    February 05, 09:48 Reply

Beast of a phone, I may surely get it. One thing you don’t know yet is how fast it will be so I would not speculate what speed it might be until you see it. Shoot I get 5.64mbps on my mytouch and I am super happy with that. When they flip the switch and double the speeds to 42mbps to at least 140 million hspa+ subscribers later this year I might be around 11-12mbps which is more than I need, that’s insanely fast. I just hope this phone doesn’t have the battery issues the evo has. That would really suck.

3. Jamesj0
    February 05, 18:17 Reply

thanks for the article
    Impressive specs

Feedback: s/expect/except first paragraph

4. fernando
    February 05, 23:51 Reply

wow … forget about all the other phones … this would rise tmobile to their full potential…. tmobile .. the best for me

5. BathroomLiving.com
    February 19, 02:14 Reply

This T-Mobile battle the other carriers, if they do not have the phones to support it.Great stuff as usual…

6. crowdSPRING
    July 12, 11:03 Reply

WELL.this is very well written post…came to know that The rumor as it sits right now is that is it going to be a 4.3″ qHD display, with HSPA+ capabilities, and running the first Qualcomm dual-core processor clocked at 1.2GHz (MSM8x60)…

7. Jerrywasaracecardriver
    August 01, 03:57 Reply

got the HTC Sensation and want to unlock it?  get your IMEI unlock code:  http://unlockcellphonecode.com/code-for-unlocking-t-mobile-htc-sensation

8. Cross Country Home Services
    September 01, 09:30 Reply

WOW a 4.3″ qHD display, with HSPA+ capabilities, and running the first Qualcomm dual-core processor clocked at 1.2GHz (MSM8x60)…i am eager!This blog details are very much interested to the customers and frequently visit this website.Thank you very much for proving the wonderful services.

9. wedding invitations
    September 08, 10:11 Reply

T-Mobile and HTC have finally made it official: the HTC Pyramid will be released as the HTC Sensation 4G this summer…this is a great news!

10. Kripaluji Maharaj
    December 02, 07:25 Reply

HTC pyramid seems great, i am sure that the picture above is no the exact design for the same! lolz!

11. Toronto Real Estate
    December 26, 00:57 Reply

Nice phone..
    I want to my cell phone case with my loveliest one,Is it possible..

12. Jagatguru Kripalu ji Maharaj
    December 30, 07:24 Reply

Well this is a good sign for the citizens as the pyramid is amazing. Thanks for exploring such kind of information.