Twitter for Android Updated, Brings New Look, Universal Search
We told you earlier today about Twitter for Android, version 2.0. Well, said release is now available. The new Twitter for Android brings a few new features, such as:
- You can now use Twitter without signing in. For example, a user can see trends, browse interests, and even see suggested users in different categories.
- The UI has gotten some changes as well. There’s now a bar at the top, where users can see tweets, mentions, direct messages, and lists.
- In addition, the user can now see retweets in their mentions column.
- Universal search is also introduced in this version
- Finally, users can now scan through their address book and see which of their friends (that are “discoverable”) are on Twitter
I, for one, havent gotten the opportunity to check out the new version, but judging from the screenshots on Twitter’s blog, and the features listed above, it sounds pretty awesome. Anyone installed the updated version of Twitter for Android yet? Give us your thoughts in the comments below!
You might also like
“I wouldn’t recommend an Android phone to my mother.” That’s a phrase I’ve heard thrown around more than once since Android first came out, and up until recently, I was
Be sure to tune into tonight’s AndroidGuys podcast at 10PM EST! Some of your favorite AndroidGals will be participating in the panel. You can listen live at BlogTalkRadio or by
The first (and only) Android phone with a Super AMOLED display has started its world tour. First up is Germany where users can pick one up from Amazon Germany at