We told you earlier today about Twitter for Android, version 2.0. Well, said release is now available. The new Twitter for Android brings a few new features, such as:
- You can now use Twitter without signing in. For example, a user can see trends, browse interests, and even see suggested users in different categories.
- The UI has gotten some changes as well. There’s now a bar at the top, where users can see tweets, mentions, direct messages, and lists.
- In addition, the user can now see retweets in their mentions column.
- Universal search is also introduced in this version
- Finally, users can now scan through their address book and see which of their friends (that are “discoverable”) are on Twitter
I, for one, havent gotten the opportunity to check out the new version, but judging from the screenshots on Twitter’s blog, and the features listed above, it sounds pretty awesome. Anyone installed the updated version of Twitter for Android yet? Give us your thoughts in the comments below!