WiFi Only XOOM Spotted at FCC?

The folks at Wireless Goodness have spotted what appears to be a WiFi-only version of the upcoming Motorola XOOM in recent FCC filings.  Bearing numbers that closely resembles those of the Verizon-branded XOOM (FCC ID IHDP56LU1), this new model (FCC ID IHDT56MT1) is only approved for WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity. With no mention of 3G or 4G support, it certainly appears that a WiFi-only XOOM is set to follow on the heels of the Verizon model. At least, we’d like to think so. We’re still waiting on our WiFi-only Galaxy Tab to arrive, months after it hit carriers.

Anyone care to guess what price point a WiFi version of the XOOM might run?

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6607 posts

LevelUp Changes ‘Touiteur’ to ‘Plume’ After Twitter Request

Remember the e-mail Twitter sent to the Touiteur developers, about the name of their application? In case you don’t, it briefly contained this message: “Change the name of your app or we will start prosecution.”

‘Bump’ Arrives for Android

Bump is one of those apps used to make us jealous of Apple.  It wasn’t because the iPhone could do things that our G1s and myTouch 3Gs couldn’t, but because

Developers We Love: King.com

UPDATE: Please see this post Developers We Love is an ongoing series of posts designed to help discover great Android apps and games. We use the column to highlight both

1. Stephen
    February 10, 11:44 Reply

Hopefully it would be in the $6xx range. I certainly do not need celluar data on one of these and seems like a waste of money IMO.

Still more or less holding my breath at this point for a Nexus Tablet or something. Getting tired of waiting for updates from cell phone carriers on phones.

2. Nick Portelli
    February 10, 11:48 Reply

A wifi version would be very nice. Hopefully it won’t be months after the 3G release…then what’s the point?

3. cell
    February 10, 11:55 Reply

It should cost $400 otherwise I’m not getting it point blank

4. DP
    February 10, 11:56 Reply

My guess is that the price will be around $600-$650… at least, it BETTER be. Any higher and I’m not even gonna give ANY XOOM a 2nd look.

5. westy
    February 10, 12:11 Reply

Its funny because carriers are trying to keep air cards relevant. They lock up the market with for these tablets so you are forced to get them through them when I am going tether my Wifi Only tablet to my phone for free any how. I DONT WANT TO PAY DOUBLE FOR INTERNET I AM ALREADY PAYING FOR!!! I can only hope no one buys these tablets at their stupid price and they will see its a losing war and release WiFi only tablets first, because its stupid to pay for tethering and these carrier locked tablets for internet you are already paying for.

6. John
    February 10, 12:19 Reply

$400-450 is my price point.

7. K
    February 10, 12:44 Reply

I want a wifi only version just because they will most likely be cheaper. It really depends how much later it decides to be released though, if it won’t be released until months after the 3g one.. i will go ahead and buy the 3g one :)

• westy
      February 10, 13:09 Reply

Dude dont do it, why pay for internet you already have. Dont feed these jerks and let them think this is okay!

8. Rob
    February 10, 14:34 Reply

hopefully it can connect to adhoc networks and i can tether it with my droid

9. Cameron VanNatta
    February 11, 10:59 Reply

The real kick is you still gotta by a month of 3G service with it 😉

10. FB
    February 11, 13:38 Reply

I have a Verizon MiFi already.
    I don’t need two data plans, give me a WiFi only model please.
    Verizon if you are listening, hurry up before I buy another android tab with WiFi only.
    Verizon….Can you hear me now?

11. I have been surfing online more than three hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It is pretty worth enough for me. In my view, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the net will be a lot more useful than ever before. best wholesale jewelry