Welcome to Android #2: Intro to Widgets [VIDEO]
Widgets are one the biggest features in Android we take for granted. It seems like we dont need them, but take them away and your phone just doesnt feel the same.
What are Widgets?
- Live updating objects on your home screen.
- Ability to use an application without having to open the application.
- Quick toggles to manage different radios (WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS), sound preferences, and more
How to Apply Widgets
- Long press on home screen.
- Select “Widgets.”
- Choose your widget from the list.
How to Remove Widgets
- Long press on the widget.
- Drag it to the garbage can (i.e. the same process as removing application shortcuts).
How to Get More Widgets
- Open the Market.
- Search “Widgets,” or select “apps” then scroll down to the Widgets category.
- Download the widget you like.
- Then just apply the widget with the steps above.
*Some widgets WILL drain battery life so be aware that you may experience less battery life than usual.
**Not all widgets will work with all Android devices.
Still need some help? Watch the video tutorial.
Want to watch the whole series of tips in video format? Click here.
You might also like
If you’ve not gotten your hands on the new Moto X (2014) just yet then perhaps a new football leather-backed Moto X offering from Verizon might just tempt you. For
Polaroid today announced a new Android based tablet, a 7-inch experience aimed at younger children. Powered by Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich, the unnamed device comes loaded with 35 premium apps (all full versions), including Dr.
Brightkite just launched their first client for the Android platform.Â This marks their first app since the iPhone version.Â It’s not just a standard port though as this version offer