Sprint to Pre-Install Privus Mobile Caller ID Features

Privus Mobile, who has offered a paid caller ID service via the Market for quite a while, announced a partnership with Sprint that will bring Privus’ features to all of Sprint’s Android handsets.

Sprint’s Android phones will include Privus’ Caller ID, Voice Announce, Text ID and Reverse Caller Lookup. This caller ID goes beyond what’s usually found on cell phones, and shows the names of callers (and texters) regardless of whether the person is in the phone’s contact list. Voice Announce provides text-to-speech of the caller’s name for hands-free use while driving.

For those not on Sprint, Privus Mobile‘s app is available in the Android Market.

[app]com.idyoullc.privusmobile[/app]

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4639 posts

ZumoDrive Connects Android Users to Their Content from Anywhere

Zumodrive, providers of a unique cloud-based file access system, announced the release of their Android application earlier this week. For those unfamiliar, ZumoDrive creates virtual drives on your devices which

Gaming the “New” Android Market

One of the more well-known features of Android 1.6 (Donut) is the improved Android Market.  One of the enhancements to the content portal is the ability to sort apps by

Order off the Verizon menu and get up to 20GB shared data

Need more than the 10GB plan for your family? Verizon has five additional options.

1. Anthony
    March 10, 16:01 Reply

Is this for existing customers or new phone? I don’t see in market under Sprint. I see the $1.95 ver in open market.

• Chuck Falzone
      March 10, 16:56 Reply

I *believe* it’s going to be pre-installed going forward, but the press release wasn’t especially clear about that– so I guess I ended up being unclear about it, too.

• Ariadne2181
        December 13, 13:24 Reply

I’m not sure exactly how it works, but it IS pre-installed on my Samsung Replenish android phone and I have Sprint service. It keeps asking me to register though. 😛

• Ariadne2181
        December 13, 13:24 Reply

• jo
      August 25, 17:37 Reply

The app is free, but to get any of the services you have pay for them. It’s a lie.

2. Archturiat Baumann
    March 10, 16:55 Reply

Great. Another app pushed as an upgrade to the EVO that will likely reduce performance and drain the already anemic battery life. Meanwhile, actual firmware bugs remain unfixed.

3. Melsjunk
    March 30, 14:27 Reply

the PrivusMobil reg screen keeps coming up requesting me to register but I can not seem to figure out how to cancel the registration. I do not want this app, how do I get opt out?

• doulagal
      March 31, 18:37 Reply

go to settings, apps. manange apps and uninstall.

• Jusmee76
        June 16, 16:01 Reply

Thanks, I have been wondering about this for soooo long! Sooooo aggrevating! It worked, I have the Optimus.

• Belle_216
        February 04, 08:06 Reply

Thank you so very much!!!! This stupid thing has been popping up all week and bugging the crap out of me!!! Never even thought it would be in apps already and I would have to uninstall something I didn’t install. Thanks again!!

4. DaisyG
    February 14, 12:51 Reply

Good morning, so how do I keep the pop up registration from coming up and actually put it to use. I like the idea that it will announce the incoming calls when I am driving or doing anything at the moment when a call comes in…  DaisyG