Cobra Electronics Announces Availability of Cobra iRadar for Android
Cobra iRadar is the industry’s most advanced smart detection system, providing Cobra customers with personal safety, driving peace-of-mind, and near real-time safety information updates. The system uses Bluetooth® wireless technology to communicate between an advanced, dash-mounted radar/laser detector and the Cobra iRadar app, which is free and easily downloaded to an Android smartphone. When connected, the app displays radar/laser alerts, allows the user to control detector settings, and alerts the driver to upcoming photo enforcement areas using the AURA™ Camera & Driving Hazard Database. The Cobra iRadar platform consists of:
- A sleek, compact, dash-mounted detection unit, providing state-of-the-art radar and laser detection technology,
- Cobra’s exclusive AURA Camera & Driving Hazard Database, for up-to-the-minute speed and red light camera alerts, known speed traps and dangerous intersection alerts — all 100-percent verified and updated twice daily,
- Smartphone hardware technologies, including GPS, Bluetooth short-range data connectivity, 3G/4G data services, a brilliant LCD display for rich informational content, and more,
- A smartphone app (for Android and iPhone) for safety alerts, configuration, mapping software, compass heading, car battery status, and more,
- Cloud-based services with social media-like safety alert sharing. Cobra iRadar users can now submit database updates and alert other iRadar customers in real time to upcoming threats based on their GPS location.
In a press release, Cobra has informed us that they will be at CTIA this week, and will be showing off the new Android version.
What do you think? Is this something that we’re all going to be checking out? Sign off in the comments below!