Analyst: HTC Thunderbolt is Verizon’s New Hotness, Not iPhone

An analyst at BTIG Research is suggesting that Verizon’s top selling handset is the new HTC Thunderbolt, not the iPhone 4. Walter Piecyk and his team called roughly 150 different Verizon stores over 22 cities to inquire as to how the two devices were selling. Their findings were that the Android-powered Thunderbolt was doing as good as the iPhone 4 in 61% of the stores while 28% indicated that the HTC phone was doing better. That means that roughly 11% of the stores were seeing the Apple phone do better. Of course this is not definitive of anything specific, only that people love fast phones with large screens and ridiculous data speeds.

Via: BGR

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6577 posts

T-Mobile Announces doubleTwist for Entire Android Lineup

As we previously mentioned, T-Mobile’s new myTouch 3G Fender Edition comes with a custom installer for doubleTwist multimedia sync.  It gives the users ability to transfer media and music to

Android near 50% Market Share in latest comScore results

The comScore MobiLens service pushed its latest findings from the October to December 2011 trends. The study surveyed more than 30,000 subscribers across the United States. They found Samsung to

Motorola to “Blur” Android

The Motorola tipsters for Boy Genius Report have passed along some very interesting nuggets of information. It seems they plan to mesh all personal contacts and social networking indentities into

1. Scmo
    March 31, 22:13 Reply

What about the 3 1/2 hour battery life on the phone. That’s got to suck.

• kareenarrt
      March 31, 22:37 Reply

I got the Thunderbolt and LOVE it. I have had no issues with the battery life. I charge once a day (24hrs). People reporting the 3.5 hr battery life are “playing” on their phones constantly. Its as phone! not a substitute for a computer.

• Scea67
        April 02, 23:28 Reply

UH its more a computer than a phone thats for sure , a phone is the least it does

2. davebarnes
    March 31, 22:49 Reply

@Scott,
    “the Android-powered Thunderbolt was doing as good as the iPhone”
    I am sure you meant to write “as well as”.

3. KC Addison
    March 31, 23:23 Reply

as a thunderbolt owner – someone who held onto an upgrade to wait on the t-bolt – i love the phone. the battery life is a bit of an issue but its actually not that all different from the vzw iphone.. the battery life being the lone con of the phone is grossly outweighed by the pros. android OS is far superior to iOS and the speed isnt even comparable.

4. Anonymous
    March 31, 23:54 Reply

It’s just like the UK experience. Have android and iphone on the same carrier and android wins. Especially if it’s HTC Sense.

5. Nobuyuki Sakamoto
    April 01, 03:29 Reply

I’d think that any new, powerful phone is going to sell better in most cases than a 9 month old phone, especially when people are expecting a new version of the older phone and deferring purchases.

6. ksat
    April 01, 17:28 Reply

Not sure why this is really news… isn’t it obvious that majority of folks with any brains would pick a brand new phone with current technology over a phone that has already been on the market for about a year? Apple and VZW screwed themselves when they opened it up. Now, give me an iPhone with ios 5.0 and LTE, then we might talk….but, they have some huge obstacles in the way – HTC Thunderbolt, LG Revolution, Samsung Droid Charge, just to name a few…

7. Anonymous
    April 02, 01:25 Reply

Analysts don’t have any idea as to what they are talking about, it is a useless job anyway. I am a proud owner of a Nexus S but I have to say when TB was released, I did not see lines out of 3 Verizon stores around my house (I just had to check it for myself, so much hype about TB). When iPhone was released from Verizon, I did see lines but not as long as when iPhone was released last summer. The line in the shopping center was ridiculously long, I thought it was crazy. I walked into one of the Verizon store, saw 2 TB on display with no one around it, lucky me had a chance to play with it. One was very slow, and the sales person didn’t know why. The other one kept dropping the 4G connection, and the sales person said something funny about the antenna being in the back. He said that TB was the best phone but then he pulled his iPhone out to show me the good Verizon reception. My wife has an iPhone, she loves it and I love my Nexus S (bought at retail $$ and rooted). I want to say stop this madness and respect everybody’s choice of what they like to buy whether it is an open/Android or closed/Apple ecosystem.

8. Anonymous
    April 03, 10:43 Reply

Get the full view by comparing to the Thunderbolt, iPhone 4, Curve, Droid Bionic and other Droids here: Switching to Verizon or upgrading, which phone should you choose http://exm.nr/f3zR08

9. Anonymous
    April 03, 14:50 Reply

Hoenstly this device isn’t really really nothing to write home and tell anyone about. Ok it has LTE ok it might be fast but it has had so many problems that if it wasn’t for the android community dealing with all the issues and finding work arounds this would be one of the worst devices on verizon. Htc gave verizon a lemon as far as i am concerned this isn’t no Evo 4g or Evo 3d that’s for sure. and as far as all the other devices on verizon they are so last year as far as specks are concerned

10. Anonymous
    April 05, 02:34 Reply

Did they also call Apple and ask them how many of each they sell?

Apple sells a lot of iPhones directly. HTC, not so much.

11. Office 2010
    April 09, 08:11 Reply

I am a writer and would benefit by having Publisher included in this Microsoft Office 2010. Use Word 2010 and had to have the new version so my documents would open correctly.In fact, I thought it was, so I was sorely disappointed when I realized I now need to buy yet another Office 2010. Coming from Microsoft Office , it is taking time getting use to the new ways of doing the same thing I did in the older version.Stop nickel-and-diming customers.I have used it only one day; therefore I can’t tell how long it will take to adapt. Give people what we need and we’ll gladly purchase things in the future. In fact, we’ll more likely buy Office 2007 because you haven’t required payment for all these other things (like Publisher) Microsoft Office 2007 should have been included in the first place.

12. Office 2010