Many hardcore baseball fans have been waiting for this day since last October. Hoping “This Will Be The Year” for their favorite team. A couple weeks ago we gave you a list of of the Top 10 applications to get you through baseball season. Well to mark opening day, Major League Baseball issued an update to their popular At Bat 11 application for Android.. This update has some outstanding new features which include watching live out-of-market baseball games on your Android handset or tablet. They will broadcast a “Free Game of The Day” to Android users as well as allow us access to our MLB.tv accounts. This is really exciting for me personally, bringing the ability to watch live games via the service I pay $120 a year for is awesome, something I’ve wanted for a long time!
At Bat 11 for Android
- MLB.TV subscription access to watch live out-of-market games (NEW)*
- At Bat.tv Free Game of the Day to watch one live out-of-market game free every day (NEW)*
- See key plays/pivotal moments from every game with Live Look-Ins, blackout free (NEW)*
- At The Ballpark with check-in, expanded video highlights, my profile, social media with Facebook, exclusive offers and rewards and more (NEW)
- Customizable home screen to feature a designated favorite team (NEW)
- Favorite team icon launcher widget for one-click access to a team’s homepage (NEW)
- MLB.com widget for one-click access to a live league-wide scoreboard (NEW)
- In-progress video highlights
- Home and away radio broadcasts
- Gameday pitch-by-pitch tracker
- Video library archive, searchable by team and player
- Breaking news, standings, schedules, rosters and statistics
* Technical requirements for live video on Android: To access live video, the minimum OS is 2.2, supporting Flash with at least an ARMv7 processor. Note that not all 2.2 devices support Flash and users may experience other unexpected device constraints.
Available for a one-time fee of $14.99 the application gives you everything you’ll need for the 2011 MLB season.