MetroPCS Turns LTE on in Tampa Metro Area
For those of you lucky enough to live in the Tampa area, and have Metro PCS service, there is good news today as if you have a 4G LTE enabled handset, you should see your 4G notification light up today. Dallas based MetroPCS announced today in a press release that they have now activated LTE in all of the cities that they offer service, giving all of their customers a chance to enjoy some awesome speed.
MetroPCS has two handsets right now that can take advantage of the LTE network, both of which are Samsung devices. MetroPCS has the Samsung Craft and Indulge. The Indulge specs are listed after the break, let us know in the comments if you are a Metro customer in Tampa who has LTE working!
From the press release:
The Samsung Galaxy Indulge Experience
The Samsung Galaxy Indulge is available in-store or online for $299 after a $100 mail-in rebate, plus tax. Customers can take advantage of all MetroPCS 4G LTE has to offer with the Samsung Galaxy Indulge, including:
- Data access to streaming audio, video and gaming content, downloads and Android applications.
- The latest Android 2.2 technology with quick access to more than 100,000 apps on the Android Market™.
- A three megapixel camera and camcorder with auto-focus, music player, Stereo Bluetooth® capabilities and expandable memory storage up to 32GB.
- MetroSTUDIO, powered by RealNetworks, delivers audio content over 4G LTE and Wi-Fi, and premium video content on the $60 plan from NBC Universal, Black Entertainment Television (BET) and Univision, available on-demand from one easy-to-use application.
- A social networking and instant messaging application which harnesses notifications from friends and content from Facebook, MySpace and Twitter and AIM, MSN and Yahoo! IM clients into a single interface that’s accessible with one click.
You might also like
Now that Google has finally made the inner workings and features of Android 4.4 KitKat public, what can we expect? Google has posted a lengthy list of features for consumers
With the recent release of the Pebble App Store on Android, Pebble is celebrating by rewarding the best app developers with some pretty nice prizes The top 16 developers receive
After having sold more than 5 million units of the Galaxy note, Samsung is fairly well versed in large displays. But, that doesn’t mean the folks at Sammy don’t know how to