Stream Your Television to Your Android Device With Vulkano Flow
Monsoon Multimedia is now offering their Vulkano Flow mobile accessory, which allows for users to watch TV anywhere, even on their Android devices. Once the Flow is hooked directly to a set-top box, subscribers can then stream television to your phone or tablet, inside the house or on the go. The actual accessory runs $99 and is available at various outlets (Amazon, TigerDirect, etc) as well as direct from Monsoon at www.myvulkano.com. Looking through the product details page, it sounds like the Flow should be simple to set up and enjoy.
We like the idea that both the Flow and its mobile application come in with lower price points than what Slingbox currently offers. And really, it fits in well with the whole Android is about choice mentality.
Summary of Vulkano Flow Features:
- Place shift television programming and view on smartphones, Android tablets, iPads, PCs and Macs
- Pause, fast-forward or rewind live TV
- Browse EPG for shows and episode descriptions
- Mark channels as Favorite for quick access
- Watch and control your live TV on the go via Wi-Fi or 3G
- Connect to all major TV sources – cable, DVD, satellite, DVR, TiVo
- Stream video at H.264 standards at rates as low as 150kbps
- Connects wirelessly through Vulkano’s on board .11n WiFi to home router
- TV content is passed from the set-top box’s analog output (component, composite) to Vulkano; using resolutions up to 1080i
The Vulkano Player application is available through the Android Market where has a one-time $12.99 cost. The Flow comes with PC and Mac player software should you opt to simply watch television on your computer or laptop.