ShapeService’s IM+ v4.0 Adds Support for Push Notification
The all-in-one instant messaging application that is IM+ has just seen a sizable update, bringing it to v4.0. The app, available in both free (ad-supported) and Pro ($4.99) editions, lets users connect with friends and associates across a number of messaging clients. Services include Google Talk, Facebook, AIM, Skype, ICQ, and a handful of others. Working over the data connection, IM+ doesn’t cost anything extra, meaning there are no per message fees or hidden charges. This latest release features push notifications which will be welcome to many of you Android users as it puts less strain and drain on the battery!
Other features in IM+ 4.0 include:
- Completely new user interface with new features
- Various screen DPIs support for equal precise app look on all devices
- Push messages support for longer battery life
- Custom statuses and message templates
- Skype topics
- LED notification and customizable sounds for incoming messages
- Chinese and South Korean localizations
- Major bugfixes and performance improvements
You might also like
After starting out as a free Android application, last year saw Shazam switch to a lite and paid apps model. SoundHound, on the other hand, has taken the opposite route.
Depending on who you believe, Facebook either is or isn’t working on a phone of their own. TechCrunch is reporting that Facebook is creating the software platform which will be
Dell Streak owners in the UK are getting Android 2.1 this week, however many would probably rather go back to 1.6 if they could. The Register is reporting that