Toshiba Android Tablet Coming Soon to Best Buy

2011 is the year of tablets, with a lot of big companies bringing good tablets to the market. Joining PC makers like Acer and ASUS is Toshiba, with a new tablet officially announced on Best Buy’s as “coming soon.” Toshiba is one of the leading laptop and TV makers in the world and now they are looking forward to conquer the tablet market, which is not that easy.

Have a look at the features of the tablet:

• Android 3.0
  • Nvidia Tegra 2 dual-core processor
  • 10.1 inch high-definition wide view backlit LED display
  • 2 MP front camera, 5 MP rear
  • Wireless b/g/n
  • HDMI out
  • One full size USB port
  • Mini-USB port

The tablet packs some great features and that’s actually what everyone wants in a good and powerful tablet. Head on over to Best Buy’s site for more information.

No words on the release date but hopefully, it will hit Best Buy next month or maybe this month. So who’s looking forward to Toshiba Android tablet?

Source: Best Buy via Android Central

Asad Rafi
Asad Rafi 725 posts

Back in 2011, Asad started as an intern at AndroidGuys, and today he is one of the youngest and active members of the team. He's writing about Android from almost 4 years, and when he is not doing that, he is either watching Suits, Breaking Bad, watching a Manchester United game, or just studying..

Vlingo Continues to Evolve, Partners with foursquare

Vlingo continues to push their voice application forward, adding new features and enhancements all the time. Today finds the company partnering with foursquare to make check-ins even easier. Now, it’s

Live out your dream of having Michael Knight’s watch with the KnightRider Watchface app ['Watch' This App]

If you’ve ever wanted your smartwatch to look like the watch that David Hasselhoff wore in Knight Rider then the KnightRider Watchface is exactly what you’ve been looking for. Since the

Sony Xperia V may not arrive until early December

The Sony Xperia V is expected to arrive in early December, according to a Swedish retailer who has a track record for knowing such things.  Dustin.se is listing the handset

1. Bob
    April 11, 13:14 Reply

No mention of a MicroSD card slot which could be a deal breaker for most people. Also, these are fairly common specs for Android tablets. It will need something in the spec to really differentiate against the competition. So far my money is set aside for the Samsung Tab 10.1 because it is so thin and ultra light.

• Kevin Webb
      April 17, 20:52 Reply

Deal breaker? Why would this be a deal breaker? Micro to full adapters cost…….

2. Rich
    April 11, 13:27 Reply

Agree with Bob. SD card is a must for me. I have had great experience with Toshiba hardware and would buy it over other makers. So, yes, I am interested in buying.

3. Firelight
    April 11, 13:35 Reply

Full-size SD card slot
    The Toshiba Tablet knows how to play along with your photos, video clips, playlists and other files. A handy SDHC memory card reader simplifies the transfer of large files to and from your tablet, digital camera and computer, and expands your storage capabilities.

4. Luke
    April 11, 13:39 Reply

The Best Buy page lists a full size SD card slot, and shows a picture of it. I would prefer the full size SD slot to the microSD, as you can use microSD in full size, but not vice versa. I’d love to be able to take something like this on vacation, and off load pictures & video each night onto the Tablet for storage.

Otherwise, it’s basically a standard Xoom copy. The only other difference I notice is the included power dock, which might be enough to sway people to get it if the price is the same.

5. Guyrbailey
    April 11, 14:41 Reply

I’ve got a Toshiba satellite laptop which I bought in January and I’ve been delighted with the performance and quality so would seriously consider getting this.

That said, I’m not going to invest until Xmas so maybe the famed Nexus Three will be out by then – if not, this will be top of my list.

6. Guyrbailey
    April 11, 14:41 Reply

7. Android Purity
    April 11, 14:50 Reply

The specs for every tablet I’ve seen are the same. Not much difference between them. So pick one and be happy.

8. Lol
    June 28, 21:57 Reply

what i still dont get is why the makers like asus on the transformer (which is leading android tablet market so its heard) and the soon to be toshiba tablet dont have at least 3G connectivity where shud be thinking about 4G by this time anyway. The idea of the tablet was to make it like kind of a portable laptop which is much lighter and touch while being on the go. The transformer could of sold 50% more at least im sure if it was released with 3G I dont get why the makers still dont understand this. Whats the need of a tablet thats gonna stay at home next to ur notebook or laptop anyway? I would of definatly bought a asus transformer 3G model which i hear is coming out in august which is a bit too late since already rumors about android 4.0 and the transformer 2 are already out. Get ready apple the android tablets are gonna come raining down hard! (sorry for being too long and sounding like a android fan boy nerd but im sure people will agree)