Virgin Mobile’s Samsung Intercept to Receive Froyo in the Coming Weeks

Virgin Mobile is one of the largest pre-paid networks in the USA. They are offering a few Android powered devices, and the Samsung Intercept is one of them. The Virgin Mobile version of the Intercept is the same that has been released on Sprint, but with one glaring difference, the Sprint version has already been updated to 2.2.  There was word back in January that Virgin Mobile will launch Android 2.2 for Intercept in few months, and it looks like the time is here. Virgin Mobile has officially announced that Samsung Intercept will receive Android 2.2 Froyo in the coming weeks. The update will give users:

• Exchange Active Sync updates
  • ability to install applications to external memory card
  • improved Bluetooth device support
  • Bluetooth Voice dialing
  • improved operating system performance
  • dedicated phone, application and browser icons on every home screen

So Virgin Intercept owners, start loving your phone again because you will be receiving a nice gift from Virgin soon!

Source: Android Central

Asad Rafi
Asad Rafi 725 posts

Back in 2011, Asad started as an intern at AndroidGuys, and today he is one of the youngest and active members of the team. He's writing about Android from almost 4 years, and when he is not doing that, he is either watching Suits, Breaking Bad, watching a Manchester United game, or just studying..

New Android ad campaign hints at upcoming Nexus devices

The inexorable announcement of the next round of Nexus devices and Android L is drawing ever nearer, as Google has released a slew of new ads promoting Android.   This

New SoundHound App ‘Hound’ Lets Users Speak It, Get It.

The team behind the popular music discovery application SoundHound have done it again. Today sees the developers launching another, albeit completely different, music discovery tool.  Called ‘Hound’, it lets users say

AT&T confirms upcoming support for LG G Watch R

AT&T on Monday confirmed the upcoming availability of the LG G Watch R via a press release. Unfortunately, the carrier stopped short of announcing any price or exact release date.

1. Alex
    April 11, 20:05 Reply

• Noneya
      April 11, 20:09 Reply

Same here…..No update yet… 4:00pm

• Brandieatsbrains
      April 11, 20:22 Reply

I got one also. When I clicked the link provided in the text message, it said the updates will START 4/11/2011, but that “I would be receiving a prompt over the next few weeks”. In other words, not everyone is going to get the prompt to update at the same time. But it is in motion. Patience, kiddies. Patience. 😉

• Asutattoo
      April 11, 20:23 Reply

it says it starts today but can take up to two weeks to actually recieve the update.

2. Brandieatsbrains
    April 11, 20:21 Reply

• bblodge
      April 13, 19:27 Reply

I got the update yesterday. Works great. The phone finally functions again and doesn’t hang up every waking minute. Seamless installation as well. The update with the appropriate platform for the 800 mhz processor has increased the speed of the OS on the phone as well. Much better. great improvement.

• Jj8670
        April 14, 01:32 Reply

good glad someone got it.virgin mobile is a horrible company. geez

• Wwittymel
        April 22, 11:59 Reply

Yesterday I had a flash on my screen that said update available. I hit a button and away it went. No problems! I am not very technical so I have to take some time to learn about the changes.

3. ALEX
    April 11, 21:03 Reply

man you got my hopes up for nothing goooooossssssssssshhhhhhhhhh still have to wait!!!!!!!

4. heyyou01
    April 11, 22:16 Reply

same here i was WAITING for it!!! Omfg the suspense is impatiently !!! i want my froyo 2.2 now! xD

5. XYCY
    April 11, 23:02 Reply

The way Virgin Mobile has handled updating this thing is atrocious.

6. James W
    April 11, 23:07 Reply

Has anyone got the update yet? It looks like it will be released OTA in the ‘next few weeks’, but someone should have gotten it by now..

7. Terrilynn10
    April 12, 00:46 Reply

Yes I got the text too and was expecting the update prompt today but when I read it again I realized that we will be getting the prompt “sometime” in the next couple weeks. I am excited to get it because my phone seems to be real sluggish. will this help it? I am new to the android world!

8. I am a Virgin Mobile customer with the Intercept and they sent me a text message saying it will be available today…i have yet to see the update.

9. sarah
    April 13, 00:25 Reply

I heard it is an over the air update, so you have to plug the phone into the computer for the update.

10. Megan Curtis
    April 14, 02:23 Reply

Does anyone know EXACTLY when the update will come :/ it sucks waiting man

11. Jj8670
    April 14, 15:04 Reply

wth is my update virgin mobile?waiting waiting and waiting.sorry excuse for a company and extremely slow in given out updates.shame