Millennial Media Report Shows Verizon iPhone’s Impact on Android
Since the first whispers of a Verizon iPhone began, the question on many Android enthusiast’s minds was what kind of impact the handset could have. Would it stop Android’s growth in its tracks, changing the game all over again? Millennial Media’s latest report addresses this topic, providing some of the first insight into the newly changed battle of mobile platforms.
Key findings in the March 2011 report:
- Android maintained its spot at leading (48% impression share) smart phone OS for the 4th consecutive month .
- 14 of the current top 20 devices run Android.
- Regarding app revenue by platform, Android’s 36% share trails Apple who maintains a 47% share.
- The HTC EVO 4G is the top Android phone, trailing behind the iPhone and BlackBerry Curve in overall devices.
- Apple’s iOS grew 11% month-over-month, gaining ground on Android
- Devices such as tablets (Galaxy Tab, iPad) jumped 21% month-over-month, accounting for 17% of all device impression shares.
So, yes the Verizon Apple phone has had an impact on Android. As expected, there were plenty of people who waited and bought one. With an iPhone 5 anticipated this summer, things could get interesting soon. We’re curious as to how many people will consider the Apple device over the onslaught of Android choices.
You might also like
A Galaxy Band is also expected in the new year That Samsung is already working on a successor to the Galaxy Gear smartwatch shouldn’t come as much of a surprise.
So get this, Motorola has filed a patent for a smart tattoo that would act as a microphone for your smartphone. As just stated, the microphone would connect to your
The social gaming network, Gamer Shots, has recently launched a way for Android Devs to promote their app for no cost to their site’s users. A quote from their press