Sprint Nexus S 4G Up For Pre-Order At BestBuy For $199

Earlier this year, Samsung and Google launched the first ever phone running Gingerbread, known as Nexus S. The Nexus S is an amazing device that offers a “Pure Google Experience.” You all may know that Sprint is launching a CDMA version of the Nexus S, and it’s being called the Nexus S 4G. As the name implies, this version of the phone will be equipped to run on Sprint’s WiMAX network. The device will be available at BestBuy. The pre-order page is now live and you can go ahead and reserve your device.

BestBuy is offering it for $199.99 with a 2-year contract. It will hit stores between April 18th and April 21st. So, if anyone is looking forward to a 4G version of Nexus S, then reserve yours today and enjoy the Pure Google Experience.

Source: Phandroid

Asad Rafi
Asad Rafi 725 posts

Back in 2011, Asad started as an intern at AndroidGuys, and today he is one of the youngest and active members of the team. He's writing about Android from almost 4 years, and when he is not doing that, he is either watching Suits, Breaking Bad, watching a Manchester United game, or just studying..

Google VP dishes on future of Chromecast

Google’s Chromecast device has started off modestly, with approved service providers slowly being added since it’s launch earlier this year. According to an interview of Google VP of Product Management

B&N celebrates Angry Birds birthday with scavenger hunt

Barnes & Noble is celebrating the birthday of Angry Birds with a scavenger hunt on December 11th. You could win an Angry Birds t-shirt!

The best Apps for your Rooted Android device

So you managed to root your Android device? Good going! Now what? We’ve compiled the best Apps for your newly rooted Android device to get you started. Titanium Backup The

1. B V
    April 14, 20:58 Reply

Where are you getting these dates? Best Buy already said in a release they don’t know when it’s going to come out and the shipping dates were an auto-generated date error…do you know something the rest of us don’t??

• Xmtinnon
      April 14, 21:38 Reply

i talked 2 a sprint representative yesterday inquiring about this phone an they gave me a release date of the 18th also so hopefully they stick with it

• B V
        April 14, 23:12 Reply

That would be awesome news! Everyone I’ve talked to has been really good at twiddling their thumbs lol.

• P00kienrayray
      April 14, 23:43 Reply

On Best Buy’s preorder website, the estimated ship (or arrival?) date is between the 18th and 21st. Although that’s not real indicative of when the phone will actually be released, it’s the only lead that we have at this point.

2. B V
    April 14, 20:58 Reply

3. Ilya Eliseev
    April 15, 12:51 Reply

The only problem is that the real Nexus 2 is actually Pyramid….not this crap. I wouldn’t even trade it for my HD2.

• Anonymous
      April 15, 15:48 Reply

Wrong. Pyramid is the Sensation 4G. There is no Nexus 2.

• Steven JJ
          April 16, 17:02 Reply

The Pyramid is an HTC device. There is no “Nexus 2″. The Nexus **S** (which actually exists) is made by Samsung.
          The title of the post states “Nexus S” specifically; as does every line in this article (and many others from many sources) that the device is mentioned by name in.

Are YOU 10 years old, or are you just stupid?

• Steven JJ
          April 16, 17:02 Reply

Are YOU 10 years old, or are you just stupid?

4. 304jfce
    April 15, 15:14 Reply

I just called Sprint today and they told me the nexus s 2 is delayed to mid May. Was really looking forward to this weekend. Damn.

5. Eric Robinson
    April 15, 19:12 Reply

I called sprint last night to inquire about service with them. I told them that I wanted the Nexus S 4g
    and they said that they will be able availabe on Sunday. They are going to call me at 9am Sunday morning to set me up with 2 Nexus S’ and told me that I should have them 2-3 days later.

6. 304jfce
    April 15, 20:34 Reply

Sprint is taking $50.00 pre-orders to be put on a list. Delayed till May. I called the stores and customer service. The lady said they’ll take pre orders and call you when it’s released in mid May.

• Eric Robinson
      April 15, 23:40 Reply

That seems kind of odd. I wouldn’t think that they would be taking pre-orders if it is still over a month away. I am going to place my hopes on the call i made last night. It all lines up with the estimated delivery time at Best Buy. Also the fact that I called Sprint direct and didn’t get that info from a store. I would think that if the sales rep didn’t know for sure that it was going to be available to order and ship this Sunday then he would have pushed to get me to sign up with different phones. Or at least try to get me to put down a $ 50.00 deposit. Let’s see if my bubble bursts this weekend.

• Alquintanilla
      April 21, 16:56 Reply

I just was placed on a list and was told they would release on May 9th

7. 304jfce
    April 15, 20:34 Reply

8. IanMMA
    April 19, 02:24 Reply

ANYONE who is claiming they know the release date is purely acting on speculation or just making shit up. The only clues there have even been to release time range is sprints announcement of spring and a salespersons promotional training screenshot that indicates the sales person is eligible to complete education and receive a bonus if the material is completed by April 20 something. NONE of these clues speak directly to the release date they just give us an idea it could happen soon. Best buy has already said the dates given in pre order were an automatically generated mistake and there should not have been ANY date indicated in the field since they are not even sure when the Nexus S will go on sale. I’m still highly considering switching to Sprint when it does but they better hurry up cause there’s bound to be some other awesome droid announcement that convinces me to stick with Verizon (the superior service) if they don’t make their move fast.