Samsung Replenish Gets Official on Sprint Network
Yesterday we wrote about the Leaked Samsung Replenish, today we get official info from Sprint regarding its launch. This Eco-Friendly candybar QWERTY will be available on May 8 at the affordable price of just $49.99 with a two-year service agreement and new-line activation or eligible upgrade.
Specs are as follows:
- Touch QWERTY bar phone with 2.8-inch QVGA main display
- Android 2.2, Froyo, with access to more than 150,000 apps on the Android Market
- Special access to Sprint ID Pack, including Green ID pack
- Solar door charging accessory (sold separately)
- 2MP camera and camcorder – upload, share and store pictures with Photobucket, Facebook®, MySpace® and upload video to YouTube™
- Wi-Fi® and GPS capable
- MicroSD card slot that supports up to a 32GB memory card
- Three color options – Onyx Black, Arctic Blue and Raspberry Pink (in June)
- Reduced environmentally sensitive materials (RoHS compliant6, free of intentionally added polyvinyl chloride (PVC), brominated flame retardants (BFRs), phthalates and beryllium)
- Energy efficient, with a charger that meets the EC Code of Conduct on Energy Efficiency of External Power Supplies, Version 4, as well as a visual alert for full charge
- Casing includes 34.6 percent post-consumer recycled plastic content (the highest level in our eco-portfolio) and 82 percent of the device is made from recyclable materials
- Fully recyclable packaging that incorporates 80 percent post-consumer waste material and uses soy inks
- Includes a postage-paid envelope to recycle your old phone and promotes a virtual user guide available on the Sprint website – www.sprint.com
All in all not a bad Eco-Friendly entry level device. And with the premium data charge being waived its wallet friendly too.
Chime in let us know what you think in the comments.