Update on Nexus One Gingerbread Call Delay Issue

Recently we reported about an issue that people who own Nexus One’s and have upgraded to “Gingerbread” have been having with a 3 second or so delay in hearing or being heard when answering calls on their device.  People have been posting their issues in the Gingerbread issue tracker, but not getting much help.

Today, Google’s Dan Morrill weighed in and said that since the issue is device specific, it should be pursued in the Google Mobile Help Forum.  Certainly not what you were hoping to hear from Google first thing, as it feels like the issue is being shunted to a different department.

If you are having the issue, make sure to put your feedback in the Forum using the link above.  Frustrated yet?

AndroidGuys
AndroidGuys 4641 posts

Sprint circles July 18 for LG G3 launch

Sprint on Thursday announced that its version of the LG G3 will arrive on July 18. Priced at $600 outright, customers can purchase it with 24 equal payments of $25

Imgur releases official mobile app for Android

Image sharing and browsing just got a whole lot better.. or at least a whole lot more mobile. Imgur, the popular image hosting and sharing service that Redditors and

Seesmic’s Twitter Client Arrives on Android

Yeah, we know the Android Market is littered with twitter clients, but we have a new one for you today.  A rather big name in the twitter game has arrived

1. Geathan A.
    April 18, 19:03 Reply

Im pretty upset of the way Dan closed the issue after amounted over 200 new users when it was first reported here.

• Chuck Falzone
      April 18, 19:16 Reply

It’s frustrating but understandable: if they work specifically on the device-independent parts of Android, it makes sense that they wouldn’t be able to help with an issue that is device-dependent.

• Anonymous
        April 18, 23:01 Reply

For some reason 2.3.3 also stopped going out to the Nexus S, I know 2 other people and myself who have yet to get the update.

2. benmarvin
    April 18, 20:58 Reply

I’ve actually been having the same issue on my G2 running CM7. I don’t use the phone much, so it doesn’t bother me.

3. UbuntuMan
    April 18, 21:08 Reply

I don’t know 😐 this is a strange one. I don’t have this issue with stock 2.3.3 but yet with CM7 I do.

4. A S
    April 18, 22:37 Reply

N1 with stock Gingerbread here. I can live with the call delay issue. The most frustrating problem for me is the way the screen sometimes goes totally blank, displaying nothing but the wall paper. All icons, widgets, status bar, etc. are gone. No amount of touching or swiping helps. It can get extremely frustrating when you are trying to make a call or access some information in a hurry. At this point, your phone is nothing more than a brick with a nice wall paper.

• Michele Polo
      April 19, 10:53 Reply

Not a solution but using launcher pro as the default home the “Blank Screen” issue on my Nexus One is gone…
      Seems to be a specific issue of the default android Home Launcher related with the N1?!?

• Cbursiek
        April 19, 14:25 Reply

I have recently resorted to this same fix. Installed Launcher Pro and now the blank screen issue hasn’t been an issue since.

5. Anon
    April 18, 22:54 Reply

N1 with stock v2.3.3., never rooted. I don`t have the call delay issue.
    But I do have the horrible blank screen issue that AS mentioned.
    That one definitely needs fixing. FAST!

6. orlado
    April 19, 10:14 Reply

literally frustrated what’s the solution

7. Anonymous
    April 19, 14:10 Reply

I’m not having this problem on my N1, but that response makes me absolutely furious. Anyone who’s posted on the Google Mobile “Help” Forum knows that it’s like shouting into a void. Google simply doesn’t pay attention to it. It’s insulting that a representative from Google would tell any sort of large group of users to go there, and clearly shows how little the guys at the top know about what’s going on with their company’s non-existent customer support. Despicable.

8. Cb474
    April 19, 17:12 Reply

If you’re having the call delay problem, please star the issue here:

Google recently declined this known Gingerbread bug, saying it was “device specific” (to the Nexus One).

However this problem is also being reportedly widely on the HTC Desire, as well as Samsung Galaxy devices. I have posted a new issue above and not attributed it to a specific device.

Please comment and star this issue. And please specificy especially if your device is not the Nexus One, so that Google gets this message that this is a widespread Gingerbread bug, which has nothing to do with the device.

Thanks.

• cb47492
      April 20, 07:16 Reply

The Google employee following up on the call delay issue, in the Google support forums, is asking people to fill out the following form, to gather information about how people are affected and on what devices.

9. Scaliouette
    April 20, 03:25 Reply

I went from loving the Nexus One to hating this thing. You hear me Google, I now hate this stupid device. $500 down the drain because of this update that cause my calls to fail and whats worse is the power on button doesn’t start the screen unless I pull the battery and restart the phone. It’s now completely useless.

• Scaliouette
      April 20, 03:27 Reply

I now need to buy a phone since I really can’t use this one. Anyone have ideas what I should buy? not an iPhone either.

10. linuxfreak
    April 21, 12:20 Reply

The answer to the oem rom problems is Cyanogen. And for other devices like Nook,Samsung ect.. there is Phiremod, Team Whiskey and the like. Just root,load,customize and go.
    My question is. Why should the manufacture of a phone be expected to keep supplying roms over a year after you bought it? The phone does what it was made to do at the time it was bought.They really don’t have to do anything more. Also, there are too many models,makes,chipsets and functions to involve the labor to create rom upgrades for every variation of a year old device that has been surpassed by newer models.

11. Ask4vjn
    April 29, 15:54 Reply

my phone is dead after updating to 2.3.3.!! it does not start. now they tell me the lcd screen is faulty!

12. pete!
    May 03, 06:07 Reply

i have been having the “blank screen” issue after upgrading to the gingerbread…its not just showing the wallpaper.. but its showing a black screen.. but still works like.. when some1 calls and i swipe it, it is able to answer the call… besides the black screen.. the touchscreen isn’t working well at times.. especially when the phone is charging or when i m holding it on certain sides.. its like when i touch the screen on the top… the bottom senses it…

this needs to get fixed….!!

13. Sadas
    July 19, 05:03 Reply

I have optimus one and i have the same problem with the delay, so it’s not a problem with only the nexus phone.