Get the Optimus 2X Clock/Weather Widget on Your Phone

The folks over at GetAndroidStuff have managed to grab the Daily Briefing widget from the new LG Optimus 2X. This widget displays a clock, weather, news, and your day’s schedule. LG has really found what the people like with this widget. When many users get an Android device, they look for a nice clock & weather widget to display on their homescreen, and this one is perfect. The best part about this easy mod is that it does not require root or any (serious) knowledge of the Android platform.

Just follow these simple instructions to get this beautiful clock/ weather widget, and watch the short video below if you want to get a quick look at the widget!

1. Visit the link below or  scan the QR code with your phone.
  2. Download and install the widget apk file.
  3. Place the widget on your homescreen. (Note: if you don’t want this widget to take up the whole screen, you need to use ADW, Launcher Pro, or any other launcher that allows you to resize widgets).
  4. You’re done!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KA4jMAp6JK8[/youtube]

Download

Phil Esposito
Phil Esposito 170 posts

Phil Esposito is a 17 year old Android advocate. His reviews and articles have been showcased on multiple technology sites across the web. Besides written reviews, Phil specializes in video production and incorporates videos into his articles whenever he gets the chance.

2 Days Only – Grab Top Games at Half Price with Mobile Heist

Today and tomorrow (Feb 25th & 26th), our store is featuring a MobileHeist promotion which spotlights the developers at RESETgame.   For the next 48 hours you can grab 5

Introducing Creative’s Zii EGG

Creative has announced the Zii EGG developer platform and it’s supposedly market-ready for OEM production. Using StemCell Computing, developers are able to write for Android and Plaszma at same time.

Nielsen: 75% of 25-34 year-olds in U.S. now own smartphone

Three out of every four U.S. consumers age 25-34 now own a smartphone, according to a new report out of Nielsen   Up from 59 percent last year (July 2011), it’s the

1. Orlado
    April 21, 09:50 Reply

that’s cool widget i love it

• net poser
      April 21, 13:13 Reply

I installed this and then followed your link to the 3D DWC and the web-based market said it was already installed. Hmmmm….

• Chuck Falzone
      April 21, 14:03 Reply

More likely vice versa– Factory Widgets has lots of close copies of stock widgets on the Market (G1 clock, Hero clock, etc.) Not that that’s a big deal…I use their G1 clock widget myself sometimes.

2. Jessie Frank
    April 21, 12:43 Reply

very amazing gadget coming with very attractive apps…. this time the users can get very amazing clock and weather widget….. friends…. i have touched a lot of web portals related to the deals… and found some portals as free3gmobilephoneoffers , directphoneshop, phones4u and many more… these all are well loaded with important details as i have watched here….

3. Guest
    April 21, 13:17 Reply

I like the widget itself but it can’t find my location and I’m near a decent sized town in Oklahoma. Every other weather widget I have used found me no problem. They could have did better with it.

4. Justin
    April 21, 20:02 Reply

I like the look of it but the temperature doesn’t appear to be very accurate. Seven degrees off of what wunderground is showing for my location.

5. Timothy B
    April 22, 17:50 Reply

Wow, that kid sounds 14, as I am an old fart. I wish I had root to try this out.

6. Lindsey_marshall
    September 13, 02:49 Reply

Please Help!!! I tryed to download it via QR scanner on my LG Optimus and it just keeps loading….I want this Widget!!!

7. Cesar Camacho
    October 15, 13:02 Reply

OMG Guys i love you soo much i really love this clock  Thx !!!