January 29, 2015

Verizon Wireless Announces Froyo Update for Samsung Fascinate Starts April 21

Verizon dropped a little email in our inbox today to advise us that their Samsung Fascinate customers should be on the lookout for Android 2.2 update April 21st.  Starting tomorrow these users will be able to manually grab the update for themselves.  The whole process should only take about 5-10 minutes and can be initiated by going to Settings>About Phone>System Updates>Check New .  If you need extra assistance you can grab help from Verizon’s support page (PDF).

1. Jstringham33

About 4 months slow. Rooted my to 2.2 a long time ago. Looking for 2.3 now. Wow kinda slow guys

• roceygirl

They shouldnt call these updates, this should be called a way to run down our batteries while they try to sell us more crap we dont want.  They’ve imbedded apps i dont want that cant be uninstalled,(media hub? some of you may want to pay for movies on your android screen but personally i’ll wait till i get home with the 52″ tv tyvm) and others that continually run even when i turn them off……..way to FAIL an “update”

2. Sailor 24

installed the update and have had multiple issues with BT connectivity (previously worked flawlessly) and this is a battery hog….not real impressed….

3. Suzcashton

It is really bad, freezes my phone and eats my battery. I took it to the verizon store and they gave me a new phone, but it has not helped. At 2:00 by battary is dead!!!!!!!!!!

4. J Juan

The new update isnt too bad it does slow down the opening of certain things but its manageable other than being a little slow nothing too bad.

5. J Juan

6. Anonymous

Mine updated automatically and it stinks! Now my sent email does not show up as sent. It shows the original sender’s thread and I can’t tell if my reply has been sent. However, the recipient does receive it and it appears normal on that side. Still, it’s annoying not to see what I’ve sent!
    Do NOT allow this update!

POST A COMMENT.