Verizon Wireless Announces Froyo Update for Samsung Fascinate Starts April 21

Verizon dropped a little email in our inbox today to advise us that their Samsung Fascinate customers should be on the lookout for Android 2.2 update April 21st.  Starting tomorrow these users will be able to manually grab the update for themselves.  The whole process should only take about 5-10 minutes and can be initiated by going to Settings>About Phone>System Updates>Check New .  If you need extra assistance you can grab help from Verizon’s support page (PDF).

Scott Webster
Scott Webster 6578 posts

Cricket Wireless dials up $50 LG Optimus L70TM

Cricket Wireless on Wednesday announced the upcoming availability of a low-cost LG smartphone. Due Friday, June 6, the LG Optimus L70TM is an Android 4.4 KitKat experience with a 4.5-inch

Moto X detailed in leaked carrier video

A few long-rumored details are confirmed in the run-up to an official debut.

Hardware Reviews

Lenovo N20P Chromebook Review

Tablets and laptops are getting closer with many notebooks now having touchscreens. Lenovo’s new 11.6-inch N20P Chromebook is no exception. The Chromebook offers the best that Google has to offer

1. Jstringham33
    April 20, 22:07 Reply

About 4 months slow. Rooted my to 2.2 a long time ago. Looking for 2.3 now. Wow kinda slow guys

• roceygirl
      May 24, 20:26 Reply

They shouldnt call these updates, this should be called a way to run down our batteries while they try to sell us more crap we dont want.  They’ve imbedded apps i dont want that cant be uninstalled,(media hub? some of you may want to pay for movies on your android screen but personally i’ll wait till i get home with the 52″ tv tyvm) and others that continually run even when i turn them off……..way to FAIL an “update”

2. WingsYzrmn
    April 21, 15:09 Reply

It keeps freezing my phone and force closing the stock launcher.

3. WingsYzrmn
    April 21, 15:09 Reply

It keeps freezing my phone and force closing the stock launcher.

4. WingsYzrmn
    April 21, 15:09 Reply

It keeps freezing my phone and force closing the stock launcher.

5. WingsYzrmn
    April 21, 15:09 Reply

It keeps freezing my phone and force closing the stock launcher.

6. Sailor 24
    April 25, 23:09 Reply

installed the update and have had multiple issues with BT connectivity (previously worked flawlessly) and this is a battery hog….not real impressed….

7. Tonchu
    April 28, 11:05 Reply

Takes forever for my email to come up and won’t let me zoom in.

8. Suzcashton
    April 28, 13:42 Reply

It is really bad, freezes my phone and eats my battery. I took it to the verizon store and they gave me a new phone, but it has not helped. At 2:00 by battary is dead!!!!!!!!!!

9. Rich DiGirolamo,
    May 06, 14:22 Reply

Clearly there’s a reason why the phone is being advertised on TV for $49; it’s a piece of crap.

10. J Juan
    May 23, 20:22 Reply

The new update isnt too bad it does slow down the opening of certain things but its manageable other than being a little slow nothing too bad.

11. J Juan
    May 23, 20:22 Reply

12. Anonymous
    May 24, 04:32 Reply

Mine updated automatically and it stinks! Now my sent email does not show up as sent. It shows the original sender’s thread and I can’t tell if my reply has been sent. However, the recipient does receive it and it appears normal on that side. Still, it’s annoying not to see what I’ve sent!
    Do NOT allow this update!

13. Thetingley
    May 25, 06:55 Reply

eats battery like a competetive eater eats hot dogs. im pissed

14. KristenK
    November 11, 16:24 Reply

is there anyway to back date the updates?  Or just a factory reset>? Id hate to loose all my apps etc… :(