Monitor your Kid’s Smart Phone via PhoneSheriff

According to a press release, Retina-X Studios has recently release PhoneSheriff. This mobile application spans its services across Android, BlackBerry, WP7, and iOS. PhoneSheriff is an application made for parents to view and monitor all of their child’s smart phone activity. When PhoneSheriff is installed on the child’s phone and the companion “control” application is installed on the parents phone, the parent can:

• Restrict and Monitor Phone Calls
  • Restrict and Monitor Texts
  • Track the Phones Location via GPS
  • View Photos and Videos Taken from the Phones Camera

The idea of this application (besides keeping parent in-the-know about what their kids are doing) is to crack down on “Sexting” and “Cyber Bullying”. Witch the ability to view your kids photos and video, you can ensure they are not sending out anything explicit.

An addition that this application brings is high quality theft protection. If the smartphone is stolen, you can trace the phone vis GPS even if the thief has changed or removed the SIM card.

The PhoneSheriff service will cost in all about $50 per year (which you can purchase from PhoneSheriff.com). If you are a parent, what are you views on this application? Will this relieve the stress and worry that your kids are making bad decisions on theirs phones? We would like to know, leave a comment below on your opinion of this new application/ service.

Source: PR Newswire

Phil Esposito
Phil Esposito 170 posts

Phil Esposito is a 17 year old Android advocate. His reviews and articles have been showcased on multiple technology sites across the web. Besides written reviews, Phil specializes in video production and incorporates videos into his articles whenever he gets the chance.

Sprint announces 1 million sales of 4G LTE devices

While they might not have the same footprint as some of the other players, Sprint’s 4G LTE network is growing pretty quickly.  To that end, the carrier has been bolstering

Dropbox announces Mailbox for Android

For quite awhile now, Mailbox has been an iOS exclusive. If you aren’t familiar with the app, it’s a very nice email client that was acquired by Dropbox about a

Mutating Trojans could pose a threat to Android users

From social networks to banks accounts, smartphones carry our most private and delicate information. For this very reason, security is one of the hottest topics in the Android ecosystem,

1. jbluther
    April 25, 20:24 Reply

On Sprint I can locate all of my kids’ phones for $5 a month ($60 a year) and I can restrict calls, data, and texts independently for each phone from the Sprint website. This service seems to add some nice things like actually seeing the texts or pictures, but my kids still live in my house. I can review those things right on their phones if I really have to. I think this is a great service, but the price point seems a bit high. Especially in my case where my carrier provides most of these services already.

• Fred Clouse
      April 26, 16:42 Reply

note: $60 a year to Sprint is more than $50 a year to PhoneSheriff… and PhoneSheriff offers more features than Sprint monitoring… even if suspicious texts have been deleted from the phone, your personal PhoneSheriff records will reveal all!

2. Loser
    April 25, 20:50 Reply

This is just what I need to see if my wife is still flirting with her male coworkers behind my back. LOL (but crying inside)

3. Gwgarrett77
    April 26, 04:05 Reply

I think parents who rely on physically checking their kids phones probably also think their teenage songs are only on suitable sights because they aren’t in the browsing history ;)

4. Fred Clouse
    April 26, 16:39 Reply

PhoneSheriff also allows you to set curfews and time restraints on the cell phone. This software/service is cheaper (less than $5 USD a month) and more feature rich than what your cell phone service provider offers! Great find!

5. Dan Jones
    April 26, 18:59 Reply

I wouldn’t want to monitor my daughter’s phone calls and texts. I trust her more than that.
    The ability to track GPS is nice, in case she’s in trouble, but that could be accomplished with Google Latitude, which is free.

Of course, my daughter’s still too young to have a cell phone, so I’m speaking entirely theoretically here.

6. Jane
    May 25, 16:46 Reply

There’s a similar app called “PhoneBeagle” (http://www.phonebeagle.com). Costs are the same but their remote interface is much much nicer and also available as an Android app, so you can check your kids while you’re on the move. They also have a free online demo….

7. Ryan Grasso
    July 08, 15:28 Reply

YOU KNOW…..what was it like before we had the ability to do all this stuff: BEFORE CELL PHONES. Let kids live. Of course there are positive arguments for software like this, but cmon. I have a 14 yr old daughter with a cell phone and it comes down to good parenting, not monitoring continuously. Kids are going to rebel some……let them be to a point. GOODNESS GRACIOUS.

8. my283
    March 28, 05:22 Reply

coach purses outlet I am happy day!
    coach outlet online Because you’re behind
    nike heels In my most beautiful years to meet you.
    coach factory outlet We should treasure now.
    nike dunk high heels The new one has been opened.
    coach factory outlet Remember do it for yourself, then complain.
    motorbike clothing Think of a person to change a journey
    nike heels australia Miserable in the heart die
    motorcycle clothing Would you just being think I am.
    superdry outlet I want to love will always stay in your heart

9. Bum Bum
    March 18, 11:49 Reply

Beware: I bought PhoneSheriff and when I was reading the users guide, I was made aware that the program would show on the phone’s settings in “apps”. Not very stealthy! The savvy phone user would know a new program had been installed, even though they say the app would have a different name. When I asked for a refund, I was told no, even though I never installed the program.