Cook Your Own Theme in the Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen
Let’s say you have a rooted Android handset and get the itch to build your own theme because your ideas are better than what anyone else is doing. The problem is you just don’t have any serious coding experience. What does one do? For starters, you might want to check out the Ultimate Online Theme Kitchen, a site dedicated to creating and modifying themes. Users can go in and choose from wide variety of icons, buttons, fonts, and more as they put together a custom theme.
We learned of the UOT Kitchen from a reader of ours (Hi Ian!) who shared his experiences in using the tool. As he puts it in his blog post, at no time did he need to understand anything beyond point-and-click and basic file management. He was able to modify the battery icon in a matter of minutes, a fraction of the time it normally takes. He shared basic screen shots of his work for everyone and advises that the how-to is the best place to start.
One thing to bear in mind when you visit the site is that it may appear to be down. This will only be temporary and is done on purpose to keep loads down while things are cooked in the kitchen!
The list of features in the UOT Kitchen is rather lengthy and looks to cover most anything might want to tweak.
- Support for GB roms with Sense (NEW!)
- Optional Theme preview (NEW!)
- Overscroll glowing
- Font packs
- Supporting Theme Chooser for CM7 roms
- Enable transparency in status bar for GB roms
- Supporting Gingerbread roms
- Edify and Amend installation script
- Supporting hdpi/mdpi/ldpi roms
- Patch9 images auto-fix
- Super Circle Battery with %, version [A-P]
- Custom style battery, version Z
- Themed icons for status bar
- Uni-color icons
- Customizable notification drop-down window
- Bootanimation changer
- Corrected files for popular roms/themes
- Custom battery for MIUI rom
- Showing battery % while charging
- Custom charging animations
- Windows animations
- Icons for Notification Power Buttons
Have any of you already used the UOT Kitchen?